FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: One man Canoe or Kayak(Pros and Cons)?  (Read 23652 times)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Re: One man Canoe or Kayak(Pros and Cons)?
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 12:10 PM »
OC, that's a great looking setup. How much does something like that cost?
TOO MUCH.  But I wanted it, so...

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0036578318950a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=water+skeeter&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=water+skeeter&noImage=0
It's more now than what I paid 2 years ago...

Caught 20 crappies and perch last night and a bonus rainbow trout!  I plan on trying it for eyes next week after work.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Pikeguy

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2006, 12:20 PM »
TOO MUCH.  But I wanted it, so...

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0036578318950a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=water+skeeter&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=water+skeeter&noImage=0
It's more now than what I paid 2 years ago...

Caught 20 crappies and perch last night and a bonus rainbow trout!  I plan on trying it for eyes next week after work.

Pretty sweet though ;) As long as you can justify it by using & enjoying it I say nothing's too expensive

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 12:29 PM »
Pretty sweet though ;) As long as you can justify it by using & enjoying it I say nothing's too expensive
HooHa!!  That's what I say!  Try telling that to the 'one who must be obeyed' tho, if you do take the long and lonely plunge of marriagedom!  Sometimes when girlfriend becomes wife, their attitudes change about your toys!  (Not that it stops me tho)  ;D 
New toys since I took the plunge 2 years ago:
4 premium rods.
4 icefishing set-ups
New shanty
New Nils Auger
Water Skeeter
Lowrance X68C
AquaVu
MinnKota 46lb elec motor
New muzzleloader
Probably more, but I better stop here in case she ever discovers this website!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 01:19 PM »
Hey oc, I think you forgot a new 4 wheeler to get your stuff out on the ice ;)

oooohhhh baby!  it's on the list! 

ps.  I forgot to mention the Troy Bilt for the tasty garden vittles!

Pikeguy

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2006, 01:24 PM »
HooHa!!  That's what I say!  Try telling that to the 'one who must be obeyed' tho, if you do take the long and lonely plunge of marriagedom!  Sometimes when girlfriend becomes wife, their attitudes change about your toys!  (Not that it stops me tho)  ;D 

Yeah, I did some thinking about that and made a BIG change Tuesday. Let's just say I'll have all the time I want to fish this summer ;)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Yeah, I did some thinking about that and made a BIG change Tuesday. Let's just say I'll have all the time I want to fish this summer ;)
Well, then, I don't see any reason why you can't make it out here for the walleye opener, and 36 holes! (1 beer per hole)!

Pikeguy

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2006, 02:38 PM »
:o :o  Whoa there Pikeguy, are you OFFICIALLY single again and I'm assuming that's a good thing ???   ;)

Yep, I decided Monday night after talking to a girl who's liked me for a good while and I can't say I didn't have some feelings for as well ;). The previous situation was at a critical juncture and it wasn't gonna work :-\

Well, then, I don't see any reason why you can't make it out here for the walleye opener, and 36 holes! (1 beer per hole)!

At a beer per hole...that could be sloppy golf!! :o Sounds like fun though!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 02:19 PM »
Well when you first start dating a "new" girl things can get real busy for a while and at that point fishing can wait cause you'll have your hands full with "other" activities ;) :evil:  I wish my girlfriend would let me start dating again :w00t:

between your new place, gardening and walleye season, when are you going to have time for 'dating'?!    you keep your pole in the water...

Pikeguy

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 02:43 PM »
between your new place, gardening and walleye season, when are you going to have time for 'dating'?!    you keep your pole in the water...

Familiar water too! lol ;)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2006, 02:53 PM »
Familiar water too! lol ;)
yeah, best not to try new waters.  ya don't want to end up with any 'grubby walleyes'... ;D  ya just never know what you're gonna catch...

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 02:56 PM »
ps.  I wasn't reefering to your new waters there, Pikeguy! ;D ::)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006, 03:31 PM »
Agreed, but I can dream a little, can't I, things like having two live in housekeepers from Sweden that look just like Tiger Wood's wife.  ;D
:clapping: :clapping:

Pikeguy

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 03:42 PM »
;D  Hey Pikeguy how's it going so far with your new "friend"  :-*

Could be better could be worse. Who cares right? There's lots of them out there...gotta sort through them and find the right one ;) ;)

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2006, 03:46 PM »
...gotta sort through them and find the right one ;) ;)

Kinda like panfishing.   ;)
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.