FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71627 times)

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« on: May 14, 2006, 06:17 PM »
Consumer alert!  :cursing:
Boat-N-RV Warehouse
West Coxsackie, NY 12192
Phone: 518.731.9900

SOLD ME THIS BRAND NEW MERCURY 115 HP 4 stroke!

This is what happened when I took it out one time!

I am trying to work this out with them but as of right now I am disgusted with them. I am way to mad to type the entire story but I figured you guys would be interested in what this store considers NEW!

grumpymoe

Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Bussman....I think you better type the whole story....Its very obvious the "factory" black paint is missing....but for some of us...well...maybe I am blind.....is there more?.....Grump

gunner1

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 06:49 PM »
If you want a little moer pulling power (maybe) tell them that you have been hearing horror stories from other people who have had absoulely horrible servive there. ( this IS the one in Coxsackie, right?) I personally know of someone who bought a brand new Bayliner from them and had to bring it back within a month for motorwork. I believe it wound up having to be replaced. Now, maybe that's not their fault but here's the kicker: When the guy went to pick up his boat and brings it home he realizes that they had SWITCHED his brand new prop for an old beat up one then tried to say the had no idea how it happened. They also quoted this same person one price over the phone for winterization, rthen when he went in told him a price that was significantly higher! You may want to return your motor and go to someone else.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 06:54 PM »
To sum it up I have been battling with this store since I bought the boat. They got paid and in my opinion dropped the ball and walked away with my money! They screwed up the canvas ( different colors) and didn't have the boat ready when I went to pick it up 2 weeks after I bought it. I was 20 minutes late after waiting 2 weeks so they could prep it and I had to wait while they did a half "hearted" cleaning job!! There was even drill shavings all over it. They had no intention of taking me out in the water but thanks to a maintenance man (FRANK THANK YOU!) we did get to go on a test run! It was a good thing we did because he had to work on it on the water even though they supposedly took it out for a test run and it was ready to go! the following week when I finally did pick it up, it was even dirtier then the week before!

They wanted me to pay $165 to put a transom saver on the boat after the parts department told me they ranged from $30 -$60 and were really easy to install. The canvas they did put on the boat has bleached marks all over it and the list goes on! This motor thing was the final straw!! The first time I took it out the paint starts coming off and it is now obvious this lower unit has been painted over the factory paint! I bought a NEW 2006 BOAT AND MOTOR AND THAT IS WHAT I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN!!

They don't seem to really understand or care how mad I am getting! I have emailed, left messages and talked to people and I don't feel that they are going to act on this until I get a lawyer involved!

Thats the short version!!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 07:04 PM »
maybe they would appreciate a call from your lawyer.  I'm not one to advocate suing someone just becasue we are a sue happy society, but when you are wronged they should make it right for you.  It seems evident to me that you don't have a new engine on your transom, and if you paid for a new engine that's exactly what you should have gotten

hammerhandlehater

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 07:29 PM »
My brother's in-laws had a horrible dealing with them over their new camper. I am not sure of the specifics but it sounded ugly.

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 07:36 PM »
I bought a NEW 2006 BOAT AND MOTOR AND THAT IS WHAT I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN!!
...new Mercury outboards carry a standard 3 yr warranty....its good at any Mercury outboard dealer.....sounds like you have more than afew problems which no doubt should be addressed legally....I suggest that contacting Mercury direct to advise them on what has transpired so far with your supposed "new" outboard....me thinks this will get part of the ball rolling so to speak.   Grump

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 07:39 PM »
yeah thats total bs. your a lot more patient than i am, id probably already have a few cinder blocks through there window. i would call the spitzers office tomorrow

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 07:47 PM »
yeah thats total bs. your a lot more patient than i am, id probably already have a few cinder blocks through there window. i would call the spitzers office tomorrow

billybono

I plan on it!

deerslayer92163

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 07:59 PM »
atty general has a website were you can lodge a complaint they will get right back to you i had to do a similar complaint

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/

seaweed01

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 09:04 PM »
At this point let the legal people handle it,  good luck George.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 12:08 AM »
wow, lawyer and a call to Merc, sounds like the next step, sucks to when the best fishing is becoming to the HOT!!!!! stage  ;D

If you buy and pay for new, you most certainly have NEW.
Good Luck.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 06:36 AM »
One of the other things that burns me even more is that on Thursday I spoke with Eric Geiger who is the General Manager of the Coxsackie store. I sent him this and other pictures that night and I have not heard from him since. So I emailed Mike N. on Saturday. He called me back AND sent me a email the next morning.

Mike is the general manager of the Boat n RV Outlet in Qweensbury. "His" store has tried to help me out through this entire ordeal and I appreciate that. I want to make it know that this other store has tried to help me when they really didn't have to. The 2 stores are a part of a franchise, but I don't think its right to hold both accountable for ones actions. The corporation YES but why should one store suffer due to the others problems!

Anyway, he told me that I should be getting a call from the Manager of the Coxsackie store some time on Monday and my first reaction was one of relief BUT after thinking about it a while it started to get me even more upset. Mike got back to me and it wasn't even his problem to fix! Why hasn't the other manager??
He must have been working since Mike said he spoke to him Saturday!!!

Guess maybe he was out this weekend enjoying his boat?? :cursing:

Chainsaw

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 07:25 AM »
       If both stores are part of a franchise they're probably both aware of the policy, and quite possibly in cahoots with each other, using the "Good Cop - Mean Cop" tactics on you to stall off this kind of situation.
       This is not a contingincy case where a lawyer takes it for free now and gets a third of the settlement. You will have to pay a lawyer up front, to sue in a CIVIL matter. This is not what you want. From your explanation regarding the 'Test Run' that was obviously never performed and a few other things, every employee in the place is aware of this problem and getting some 'Rip' out of you to line thier own pockets.
        You need to call: The Better Business Bureau to find what other and how many complaints have been lodged against this group, then you need to contact the Attorney General's office, the Consumer Protection Agency of New York State, and the Mercury people to alert them to your intentions.
        Be prepared for a summer with no boat, and be sure to photo document what-where-when-who- and how all this has happened, including paperwork and 'phone calls. I strongly reccomend starting a daily journal labeled 'Boat' and keep track of every verbal, or other kind of transaction. Get names and all else. If you have financed this be sure to notify your lending institution of the problem and get them involved. Customers often default on loans of this type because of scenes like this, and some lending outfits, afraid of default, won't give you the loan based on the company's past practice's. They are financing a criminal activity, but won't tell you, just deny the loan on some grounds like 'Policy' or something.
        The result you want is for this to become a CRIMINAL matter with full restitution and jail time for the owner as opposed to a CIVIL matter wherein they may, (or not) pay you anything ever. Many dollar awards from Civil Court proceedings are NEVER paid when the place, or the owner, incur a successfull bankruptcy. You lose.
         Call Mercury with the Model and Serial number in hand and ask if that motor has ever been registered and/ or serviced under warranty for anything at all. Ask them where the water jacket plug is where they stamp the original factory number and see if they're the same. Good luck with this. These deleted explitives really belong in jail.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 08:04 AM »
Well I called Mercury and they had information for me.

In January Boat-N-RV Warehouse called them and reported a noise in the lower unit. Mercury authorized them to do an inspection. In February they reported back that it was a Bent Driveshaft. Mercury told them to contact the Boat Manufacturer because some one must have bent it. I have called the Attorney generals office and I will be filing a complaint with them.

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.