MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Trolling

Downrigger vs Outrigger

<< < (2/2)

Hilltopper:
Ahhhhh.... I see now. Thanks, Mac. I know downriggers well...use them all the time. Had heard outriggers mentioned a lot but was never quite sure what they were. Can't say I've ever seen those on boats where I fish in Northern Vermont.

hilltopper

SEADUCKTION:
Mac,
    I knew a guide in Oswego that had Outriggers on his boat. When the fish ran the river he would anchor up in the river where the river turned a little faster and lay his outriggers out and run jplugs and hot-n-tots out on these. When one of those salmon hit you knew it, the out rigger would get pulled back toward the fish, I think he might have had the releases a little tight. I would like to put a set on our boat but we have to go under a bridge and they won't fit. I know they have collapsible ones, I might check them out. I know where your boat used to be out of. I think he upgraded to a 270 fisherman, But I think he has since upgraded again. Good Luck.
 Rich

SEADUCKTION:
Mac,
   I have seen them in the catalog, I   will look inot them. Thanks
  Rich

GAMBELL:
Rich,

I have a pair that I'm willing to part with.  They only need the holders.  I think they are 12' collapseables.  They are also removable.  They collapse down to 4 foot.

SEADUCKTION:
Gambel,
   Thanks for the offer but I am on hold for purchases for the boat for the rest of the year. With the new Furuno I have went over budget so I will hold off for this year. Besides I will be off the boat early this year with an ACL Surgery in middle of August. Thanks for the offer.
 Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version