Aluminum boat hull repair question

<< < (2/5) > >>

walleyechaser:
Quote from: Grump on Oct 31, 2006, 11:35 AM

if you dont want to do the repair by replacing the rivet, you can buy steel epoxy...it will bond to pretty near anything and will also cure if the spot is damp...you just work the chunk same as putty until its uniformly mixed then press forcefully into place and spread it out...it can be sanded, filed, drilled in 15 minutes if required...1 hr and its there permanently....up here at the hardware store, its about $7.00....Grump

sounds very similiar to liquid aluminum.

oakorchardfishking:
Quote from: walleyechaser on Oct 31, 2006, 11:38 AM

sounds very similiar to liquid aluminum.

I was thinking the same thing... the liquid-weld stuff!

walleyechaser:
Quote from: oakorchardfishking on Oct 31, 2006, 11:46 AM

I was thinking the same thing... the liquid-weld stuff!

works great on my little aluminum boat.  I drilled holes for my transducer and filled em in with that.  No leaks and its been 3 years now.

fishryc:
Quote from: Grump on Oct 31, 2006, 11:35 AM

if you dont want to do the repair by replacing the rivet, you can buy steel epoxy...it will bond to pretty near anything and will also cure if the spot is damp...you just work the chunk same as putty until its uniformly mixed then press forcefully into place and spread it out...it can be sanded, filed, drilled in 15 minutes if required...1 hr and its there permanently....up here at the hardware store, its about $7.00....Grump

Two good ones of this type are "PC-7" and "Liquid Steel" made by Magic Amarica Company. Both are two part epoxy.

shrub:
try this stuff

http://www../cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0001390010655a&navCount=2&podId=0001390&parentId=cat21324&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21276-cat21324&catalogCode=IG&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat21324&hasJS=true

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page