FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tastiest cut of beef?  (Read 10149 times)

Esox

Re: Tastiest cut of beef?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2004, 07:41 PM »
Rib roast dry aged for 2 plus weeks and slow cooked in the oven until just right. Dry aging removes some of the water from the roast making it more flavorful.

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 17, 2004, 08:56 PM »
II realaly hopes this comms out right cuz a kannot seez the skreen.  Just at"n the monitor.  Thanxs allot Bob.
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #17 on: Aug 17, 2004, 10:11 PM »
Rib roast dry aged for 2 plus weeks and slow cooked in the oven until just right. Dry aging removes some of the water from the roast making it more flavorful.

>>> is drooling.

I had a t-bone steak two days ago and it was tough, not juicy, and worst of all it had a big old piece of spinal cord from the bone itself into the steak. It was gross.

:P :P :P I'm never eating a t-bone again. I'm sticking to ribeyes.

TimC1086

« Reply #18 on: Aug 23, 2004, 11:43 AM »
oh man do i love steaks.

i love cooking too, which makes my parents happy (someone else to make dinner).

anyways, when im doing a flat steak like a tbone or strip, i rub it witha  spice mixture (basically apprika, cayenne, coarse salt, black pepper, a little brown sugar, etc.) let it marinate in that for a few hours, and throw it on the grill, brush it with a little oil while cooking, and thats it.

for filet, i like to take a piece of bacon, wrap it around the sides and tie it on with butchers string, season teh steak with oil and maybe some white pepper, grill it, and man is it good.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #19 on: Apr 29, 2005, 10:52 AM »
Tenderloin.....so hungry now. After the beer topic this is too much ;D

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Tenderloin.....so hungry now. After the beer topic this is too much ;D

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 2005, 07:25 PM »
 ;D

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005, 08:29 AM »
AH now my favorite I love Liver and onions Sorry to all ya steak eaters. I do like steaks and a good porter house done in the grill to a fine rare is just right by me I want to see red on the plate. Can't stand Prime rib to me its a big slab of fat waist of money unless your bound up then the grease might help loosen ya up a little.
Cold Feet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2005, 04:47 PM »
It is hard to choose but I say porterhouse is prob my fav.

If you want a good way to marinate a steak...fav cut of steak to do this with is a whole fillet or venison:

4 parts teriyaki  - should be enough to cover steak
1 part worcestershire
salt, pepper(crushed)
brown sugar  - enough to lightly cover steak
garlic - for the garlic you should cut cloves into 1/4s, make small slits in the steak and stuff the garlic in them
Jack Daniels - bout 1 shot per pound, I always like to go a little heavy on the jack. One for the steak two for me!!
1 habanero finely diced (optional)

Put all this in zipploc w/ steak and let marinate 24h, then slap that baby on the grill!

I promise you will never want to eat steak another way again.

I also have to say that no steak should be cooked more than med-rare, the bloodier the better in my opinion
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Bacon wrapped filet on the grill - cook until bacon is done, filet comes out med rare.  Yummy.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Delmonico and filet.  I have 2 filets in the freezer right now, and one will be bbq this weekend.  I leave the fat on the whole filet, rub it down with kosher salt, cook it hot over charcoal leaving the center red.  While this is cooking, add a stick of butter and a couple of diced onions to a pan, and cook slow til onions start to brown, then slice the meat thin, cook in the butter/onions and put on sliced toast.  Some call it beefsteak.  Venison works great too.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

carpcatcher

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2005, 12:09 PM »
I just plain like steak!!! As long as the baked potato beside it is red with blood it is just perfect. Some of you prime rib lovers can have my share of that, it's just a waste of freezer space.
       Jim
Love 2 fish

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #27 on: Jun 02, 2005, 07:25 PM »
I love steaks. However I tend not to get one at a restaurant cause I'm messy when I eat steak and I like to pick up the bone and chew the rest of the meat off of it.
Probably a premium, bone in ribeye is the best, but a good t - bone is hard to beat. A slowly smoked prime rib roast or premium tenderloin roast smoked and seasoned is a wonderful treat. High quality filet mignon is mouthwatering.
I think I like good, corn and grain fed venison just about as good or better than beef. Same thing with elk too. Both have I think more flavor than beef. However elk or deer that are eating sagebrush or juniper don't taste nearly as good. So overall beef is the best, it just has to be done medium rare - medium well in my opinion and has to be quality and fresh.
The best way to cook steak is to season both sides generously with lemon pepper and to grill it over coals. Nothing else compares.

JackAttack

« Reply #28 on: Jun 20, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Hi guys.  My favorite steak is the cheapest I can find which is a blade steak.  They're usually huge (Flintstone size) and can feed 2 of us.  I brush on Hickory BBQ sauce, add some Montreal steak spice and garlic salt and grill to medium rare. Tender everytime.  Mmmmmm......, along with my sliced potatoes cooked in butter, with mushrooms, onions & seasoning salt, makes it the best meal I make (according to my boyfriend)!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #29 on: Jul 08, 2005, 11:55 AM »
T-bone all the way with a nice cold lab lite.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.