FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: More X-Files  (Read 18785 times)

fastribs85

Re: More X-Files
« Reply #60 on: Jun 14, 2004, 10:15 PM »
i hate those things just glad that they are my only worry and no mountain lions but have seen cat tracks to big to be a bobcat ??? :-\
naked women and beer we got it all in here

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #61 on: Jun 15, 2004, 01:13 PM »
i hate those things just glad that they are my only worry and no mountain lions but have seen cat tracks to big to be a bobcat ??? :-\

Better hope some lions aren't following you around ;)

fastribs85

« Reply #62 on: Jun 15, 2004, 09:28 PM »
hey bear i live in pa and the game commision said that they are extinct in pa and havent been in the state for years buti dont believe them sometimes like over 2000000 deer in pa that means there is a deer for everyone every year no way they dont even have a reliable source that that came from

Jigwiggler

« Reply #63 on: Jun 16, 2004, 08:53 AM »
hey bear i live in pa and the game commision said that they are extinct in pa and havent been in the state for years buti dont believe them sometimes like over 2000000 deer in pa that means there is a deer for everyone every year no way they dont even have a reliable source that that came from

A guy I used to work with got a picture of one in his pasture near Sweet Valley.  He called the Game Comm. out because he was losing livestock.  When he told them he thought it was a Mountain Lion the said it was not possible and they do not inhabit this state.  Then he showed the officer the picture of the cat in his pasture.  The officer then said that he would never admit it publicly but the state released 9 mating pairs of mountain lions in PA to help control the whitetail population. :o  Another example of genius at work in our Game Comm. ::)
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

bayonne

« Reply #64 on: Jun 16, 2004, 10:15 AM »
ive heard ofsome uncunfirmed sightings of cougars in jersey as well thismakes you realy wonder whats in them woods

fastribs85

« Reply #65 on: Jun 16, 2004, 10:58 PM »
well ill tell ya what if that is true and i see them ill help control the cat population cause im not up for that crap thats for sure and ill make sure i get rid of it before anyone finds out >:(

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
Re: X-Files
« Reply #66 on: Jun 16, 2004, 11:45 PM »
Their baaack!! I swear this is real. I was out last night catfishin and set my camera on its self timer and shot this pic of myself waiting for a bite. I was stunned when I loaded the photo files onto my computer and saw casper hovering over me like willow-the-wisp. Thank god I didn't see the beastie thing I might have fainted away or run madly through the woods in fear.

http://www.sharemation.com/dstrunk/wail.wav
FM   
Ya'all better click the link under the photo. I spent an hour getting it to work. Thanks to webguy for the guidance. Scary ain't It?
FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

fishin_musician

« Reply #67 on: Jun 16, 2004, 11:47 PM »
I know I've lost it! I lost it long ago. I just like to tinker and figure things out.
FM

fishin_musician

« Reply #68 on: Sep 27, 2004, 10:01 PM »
X-Files are back. I have two oddities to report they fit here better than anywhere else so here goes. I was fishin for cats sunday night right here.

Nice scenery, a mountain with a cliff face at sunset. Jigwiggler knows. He can see a similar sight out his back porch everyday. Well it got dark and I got busy catchin cats. After a while, I took a breather, cracked a beer, and surveyed my riverine domain.  My eyes followed the silhouette of the mountain south down stream. They were stopped by lights glaring through the trees on the ridge above me. Someone had built a house on the top of the mountain directly across from one of my semi secret hot spots. That just sucked! It wasn't just a cabin this was one or them two story glass faced jobs and it look like they had every light in the house on. Well that is progress. I went back to fishin and tried not to think about the intruders, probably watchin' me at this very moment. The fish were bittin' real good and I forgot about the scar on my wilderness for a while. Then, after having a solo catfish double header I stopped for ,you guessed, another beer. I took a hearty slug and let my eyes wander over to see THE MOON rising above the mountain top. What a sight!!!!!!!!
FM

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #69 on: Sep 27, 2004, 10:25 PM »
 :laugh: I have wondered, at times as well, what that bright white light peeking over the horizon is, only to realize a few minutes later that it is the moon too.

fishin_musician

« Reply #70 on: Sep 27, 2004, 10:39 PM »
That was so good I had to let it stand alone. My other x-file experience happened a little later that same night. I had moved to another spot cause the moonrise had killed the fishing at the first place. I drove downriver about a mile and pulled into a recently flooded parking lot and was immediatly mired in river mud. Having been in this situation before I stopped and locked my hubs so I could slide sideways backwards toward firmer ground. With my truck parked safely near the road I walked across the muddy lot and down to the river between two cottages. This place is loaded with springs and the recent flood had saturated the ground. The mud was nearly sucking my boots of with every step. So it was in this quagmire that I sat my tired butt down onto a 5 gallon pail and cracked a well deserved beer. It wasn't long before I had my first cat, only by now, I'm so exhausted that I don't even care. I release the fish and sit back down. As I look out over the river I see a flashlight coming from behind me. I quickly assume that it is the fish warden here to give me a ticket for drinking a beer at 10:00 pm on fish comm. property.  Then a more sinister thought fills my mind. What if it's a state cop who thinks I am looting one of the cottages. In any case no one showed up to arrest me. On my way home I was driving down a dirt road when a pick-up truck came by spotting deer in some fields. Another possibility?
FM

operaman

« Reply #71 on: Sep 28, 2004, 09:32 AM »
Hey FM was that guy spotting deer with a flashlight similar to yours that day we got lost???.....LOL  Hey I'm off all week, let me know if you want some company!

buzz bait

• save the walleyes
« Reply #72 on: Sep 28, 2004, 12:54 PM »
i remember one night in october a few years ago . i was walking to my walleye spot lot of leaves on the groud very noisy walking i stop to light a smoke than all of a suddun i heard heavy painting  ??? getting closer no sound of the leave . or foot step shinned the flash light in the direction of the sound and seen greenish glow of eyes coming at me . scared out of my mind . what it was was a very large and happy black lab it proceedeed to jump on me and beat my legs pretty good with its tail. than has fast has it came it dissapeared.into the darkness not a sound has it exited . the weird thing i was reading a book about ledgends a year or so after in ireland its called black shuck the messanger of death almost a week later my grand father died very unexpetly  make me wonder if it was a sign  ???   i had a few unexplanded thing happen to me over the years.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #73 on: Sep 28, 2004, 02:53 PM »
I saw the story of the Allagash Abductions on unsolved mysteries as well. Boy did I freak when a low flying light slowly approached the lake, shining off the water much as the so called alien spacecraft did in the Allagash incident. I was shaking in my shoes, sweating, and my heart pounding into my throat until it got directly above me, and then I finally heard the engine and knew it was just a plain.
Anyone ever see the movie "The Intruders'? That movie scared me to death. The only movie that ever really scared me.

Tyler

fishin_musician

« Reply #74 on: Oct 21, 2004, 09:36 PM »
Havin' some fun and testing my photo server at the same time. I was out for cats with Heartburn/Oprahman last week and got this dead alien. We think its flying saucer crashed in the river after Oprahman blinded it with his giga candlepower mag lite. Considered takin' it home and cook it up but my wife woulda kilt me.
Here is the beasties picture took by the windburned one his self.

Enjoy and if there is no photo blame sharemations... what else upgrade.
FM

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.