FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cayuga Lake Salmon and Lake Trout  (Read 251727 times)

johnny b jiggin

• "drop em down, crank em up, let em hang"
Re: Cayuga Lake Salmon and Lake Trout
« Reply #1170 on: May 05, 2014, 06:34 PM »
been out a couple times......couple dink landlocks and some large pickerel......bout like last year so far.....maybe it'll pick up later this Spring......

eyeguy

« Reply #1171 on: Aug 15, 2014, 09:58 AM »
BUMP! :D

Hey guys!  This has been a dead thread for a while now!  Hows the fishing out there?  I have a question....if anyone is still reading this.......I have been trying to get into the browns trolling on this lake but have been stumped. I've caught my fair share of lakers and dink LL's, but no browns!  I know they are there as I had a fairly good winter/spring trolling for them.  I just seem to have lost them now!  Any help would be much appreciated.  I'll try to post results here as often as I can.  The fishery here is on the rebound after the lamprey nonsense and we will see some decent fish coming out of here!  (hopefully they are browns!)  Thanks guys!

johnny b jiggin

• "drop em down, crank em up, let em hang"
« Reply #1172 on: Aug 15, 2014, 03:34 PM »
eyeman - I agree that the Cayuga fishery is comin back......but I'm not sure we're gonna be seein any decent size browns for a couple years yet.....haven't heard of anyone catchin any this season......dink lls and some smallish lakers continue to be the catch......but things are lookin up for the future - no more lampreys  :)

- here is a nice 6.5 lb "football brown" we caught last week in a different Finger lake.......also boated an 11 lb laker.....if you're set on gettin into some browns (like we are), try Seneca.......

johnny b overthere

pierce1308

« Reply #1173 on: Nov 01, 2015, 06:43 PM »
How's the fall run of Atlantic salmon into fall creek this fall?

Centerpindrew

• "In the FACEEE!!"
« Reply #1174 on: Nov 02, 2015, 05:55 PM »
Need rain..

St.Croix.Boy

• Just one more cast...
« Reply #1175 on: Jan 18, 2016, 11:06 AM »
Anyone been to the Plant?

Probably shouldn't say on here...wouldn't wanna be too spot specific.
Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

vogel451

« Reply #1176 on: Apr 17, 2016, 03:36 PM »
Back on Cayuga Lake (my home lake) this year for the season out of Myers.  Splashdown 2016 went well.  Boat is back running top notch after doing numerous repairs over the last 6 months.  We went 20 for 21.  18 sub legal salmon, 1 legal brown, 5lb laker and 3 juvenile lamprey.  Hope to find more mature fish next trip.   Plenty of fisherman out this morning.

-Mclovin out

UglyStik

« Reply #1177 on: Apr 17, 2016, 05:25 PM »
One of my favorite threads to look at, great pics. Looking forward to seeing everyone's catches.

vogel451

« Reply #1178 on: Apr 21, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Quick evening fish tonight.  Took the boy out.  Still trying to get him hooked.  I Hope it grows on him.  He had more fun torturing a Lamprey tonight lol.  3 for 3 on lakers.  Boat is running like a champ. 

-Mclovin out

vogel451

« Reply #1179 on: Apr 23, 2016, 06:31 PM »
Took a buddy fishing. We ended up crossing the lake to get to calmer waters. So forced to fish the colder west shore. Ended up 8 for 8. Small Salmon and a 7lb Laker. Hit some 3 footers on the way back in, prop came right out of the water lol. Take a Vet Fishing it does more for them than you might think!!!! Fun fun!

-Mclovin out

LUNDMAN

« Reply #1180 on: Apr 25, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Hey Vogel, Good to see ya back on Cayuga, always enjoy your posts. Was up last Sunday out of T-point,picked up 7 landlocks  all shorts & 4 had lampreys attached. No Lakers--weren`t marking many fish deep. Great day to be out anyway..Good Luck, Chuck

vogel451

« Reply #1181 on: Apr 26, 2016, 06:06 AM »
LUNDMAN they has been a quite extreme amount of sub-legal Salmon being caught.  Out of habit I go south this time of year but I may rethink my tactics.  Hard to stay away from the warm water.  I hope we start catching some nice silvers, that all I really target this time of year. 
-Mclovin out

vogel451

« Reply #1182 on: May 14, 2016, 10:24 AM »
Cayuga gives it up!

Went with my buddy Chris Turo and his daughter today. Bite was very slow. We hung out in 12-15FOW on the south end and couldn't get a hit on sticks. Started up east shore and the spoon rigger took a shot with this nice Brown. He went straight the the bottom and even tried going under the back of the boat. After a brief struggle we got the fish to the net. I always catch a nice fish this weekend every year. Ended the day 3 for 3 with 2 other legal Salmon 19' and 21'. Great day!

-Mclovin out

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #1183 on: May 14, 2016, 12:57 PM »
Nice Brown Vogel!!!  :-)

MK

vogel451

« Reply #1184 on: May 23, 2016, 07:44 PM »
5/21/16   Fished Barney & Bears Spring Derby this weekend. There were 80+ participants in total. Our Saturday was good fishing just couldn't find any size. We trolled north outta Meyers toward Miliken. We went `13 for 15 with a 5lb laker being our largest.

5/22/16   We headed to find big browns, and that is exactly what we did. From 5:30am-7am it was nonstop action in Brown town. Anything purple was getting chomped and my crew was pretty much flawless! Lots of browns over 5lbs today. Ended the tourney in 2nd place in the (B - Browns, Rainbows and Salmon) division and I couldn't be much happier.

-Mclovin out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.