FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Did anyone else see the Skunk on Joppa flats last night?  (Read 1225 times)

Smells Like Fish NH

Or was it just me??  :-[ >:( >:(

Was out with a friend of mine from work last night, was OTW at 5 and got off around 9:45. Nothing, NADA, Zilch!! Saw 2 seals, maybe they were eating all the stripers LOL

Met Salmon Stalker for the first time at the launch, good guy! He didnt have any luck either, Rob F. was just heading out when we were leaving, so no idea how he did yet.

-Scott

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

salmon stalker

Re: Did anyone else see the Skunk on Joppa flats last night?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2009, 09:25 AM »
Scott...it was very nice meeting you at the ramp last night as well...good guess on it being me too  :D

Tough night last night....very tough for sure. Started off around 6pm....fished till about 7pm by myself till clients showed up. Then fishing around mouth from 7:30-8:30 or so...couple schoolies was all we could muster up but it made them happy which is all that matters. Then decided to hit my honey holes on joppa....fished that from about 8:30 to 9:15 then my clients decided they wanted to go because had to drive back to Boston so off we went.

They could not tie a knot, cast the line, would not dare to touch an eel and was afraid of getting wet with rain. Got tangled and birds nests on the real a couple times.....so 2.5 hours of fishing and their interest level gone.

I talked to couple commerical guys I know and they had tough nights on Mon and Tues. Last night by buddy Mike was going out but did not catch up with him today to see how he did.

The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

Rob F.

• Quit Wishin, Go Fishing!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2009, 10:02 AM »
OTW before 10 PM. Just missed Scott D and S.S.

Started getting hits around 2 feet of water about the last two hours of outgoing. First two in the boat were 20+ inch schoolies. Then around midnight caught my all-time personal best.

What a cow, took off running 4 times before I could keep it next to the boat. About 15 minutes later I finally got the boga grip on it, put my rod down and reached in to lip it with my other hand. Hauled it in after 2 tries, first attempt couldn't get it over the gunnel and almost thought I was gonna lose it.. Dragged her on-board and Yelled out a loud, "Wahooooo!!" (with whatever breath I had left)..  47 inches!! Weighed it in at the fish market scale, 40.64 lbs!!!  Definitely my personal best.

Landed 2 more keepers at 28" (released), and then a 34". Also caught about 6 more schoolies before I called it a night and off the water by 3 AM. Probably would have stayed longer but had to make a meeting at 9 this morning at work.

As for the slow-down, yeah, I say it has definitely slowed down from the past 2 weeks. I have heard muliple reports from others who have had it tough within this past week. I am quite sure it has to do with the spike in the water temps. Water was luke warm at 73 degrees and with this hot weather, I don't think its going to cool down any.

Almost forgot to mention, the 47 had a big black sluggo stuck down its throat with what looked like ~14 lb mono.. ::)

Pics to come...

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2009, 10:28 AM »
NO FREAKING WAY LOL well the funny thing about the sluggo, quite possibly could of been mine, but I had PowerPro on mine, no mono leader LOL

Congrats Rob, that is so awesome!!!

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

lavaman

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Congrats rob. that's a nice fish. they say if you put your time in you eventually get rewarded. that was probably the fish i lost. thanks for bringing it in for me. can i have my sluggo back?

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Its definetly my sluggo! :-)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.