FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mohawk River Access  (Read 2673 times)

muskyman2

Mohawk River Access
« on: May 16, 2004, 08:00 PM »
Can anyone recommend spots on the Mohawk River for shore fishing access in the Capital District.  There used to be a very good spot near the Crescent Power Plant, but a number of years ago the Power Authority graded the side of the plant and appear to have disturbed the shore line in the immediate vacinity which was a key access point for a huge land access area downstream.  I spent several hours searching this morning, but only found a few spots with greatly limited access to cover much ground.  Thanks.

Muskyman2

Bartman44

Re: Mohawk River Access
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 07:38 PM »
Lock 7 at the lock - cross across the lock door and you can fish some spots along the rip rap below the lock on both sides.

Also, many of the areas near all the locks all the way to Amsterdam have some access either near the lock or the falls side.

What are you fishing for?

muskyman2

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 08:02 PM »
Bartman:

I am fishing for tiger muskies.  Any additional recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Muskyman2

Lock 7 at the lock - cross across the lock door and you can fish some spots along the rip rap below the lock on both sides.

Also, many of the areas near all the locks all the way to Amsterdam have some access either near the lock or the falls side.

What are you fishing for?

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 12:36 PM »
i find the best spot for tigers is between lock 6 and lock 7 check river rd several spots
to get to the river. good luck
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
rat
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

muskyman2

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 07:17 PM »
Rat:

Can you give me any pointers on lures and access points (off the bike trail or elsewhere on River Road)?  Greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

Muskyman2

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 07:02 AM »
BAITS-spinner baits,minnow type lures,and herring.now is the time before the weeds
get to thick, on river rd on the river side there are several places where you can park
for the bike trail the one i like is by the water plant ? drive down and walk to the water
some nice backwater.also on just below lock 7 on rosendale rd on the riverside look
for vischer ferry rd,there is a bridge there, it go over some backwater this is good too
good luck
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
rat 
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.