FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another Tiger Muskie out of the Mohawk River.....28"  (Read 5638 times)

Captain1978

Another Tiger Muskie out of the Mohawk River.....28"
« on: Aug 21, 2009, 02:13 AM »

And a lil Smallmouth
El Capitano

edmonds

Re: Another Tiger Muskie out of the Mohawk River.....28"
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2009, 05:53 AM »
Nice catch.  That breed of fish (tiger) seems to be elusive to me.  You are doing well with them this year.  How many does that make for you this season?

THEOZON

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2009, 07:52 AM »
30" MIN .LENGTH ???

Captain1978

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2009, 08:37 AM »
That's my second one this season in the same spot too. On the measurement I was being modest. Both Tigers I caught seem very skinny to me. Anybody got any info on why they don't look like their eating well????
El Capitano

edmonds

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2009, 08:59 AM »
Anybody got any info on why they don't look like their eating well????

I am no expert....but it may be due to the amount of rain we have been getting this season.  I believe Muskies primarily use their sight to nail their prey.  The Mohawk looks like chocolate milk due to the runoff and high water levels from the rain this year.  I think they would do better in clearer water.  I am sure this isn't the only reason, but it may be contributing to the lack in size of the fish.  Less eating = smaller muskie.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2009, 12:06 PM »
very nice man   YOU THE MAN!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

got em

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2009, 09:46 AM »
 ??? nothing for nothing capt.,but yes they have to be 30",hope it was a c/r tiger to let the little fella grow.. ???

Captain1978

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2009, 09:52 AM »
??? nothing for nothing capt.,but yes they have to be 30",hope it was a c/r tiger to let the little fella grow.. ???
  Yeah I know the regs and follow them like a religion.  I never take Tigers or Pike. I always let them go to grow bigger. I'm mostly catch and release.  I fish for Trout  to eat and once in a while I keep a Walleye or some Perch.
El Capitano

trapper2000

« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2009, 09:57 AM »
hey capt  you should  try a  northern  seriously there  are a very good eating fish just  google a  few  ways to fillet them and take your time! well worth the effert!  at least thats my opinion i have  ate a few tiggers as well and  there not to bad either ....i enjoy hearing your  hooking a few in the mohawk ....good job and  keep posting

iceplank

« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2009, 09:53 PM »
the northern are delicious
if they are filleted the right way. yes the mohawk has been a mess and keeping fish from feeding i think. the captain is killing me. i used to think i owned the river in my white trash fishing vessel. i busted my knee this ummer so cant shore fish and thought i would dominate in boat. not so good. captain is the man.everyone wants a piece of him everytime he posts a pic but he seems to be a legit c and r guy who just likes to post pics. keep it up.

vogel451

« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Nice fish captain! i wish i could get out as much as you.  I would love to catch a musky!
-Mclovin out

trapper2000

« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2009, 10:18 PM »
NOTHING WRONG WITH LET THEM GO OR EATING THEM  BUT TRUTH I BEEN RELEASING A LOT OF  FISH THIS YEAR MYSELF  BUT I BEEN EATTING GOOD :)

Captain1978

« Reply #12 on: Aug 23, 2009, 08:57 AM »
the northern are delicious
if they are filleted the right way. yes the mohawk has been a mess and keeping fish from feeding i think. the captain is killing me. i used to think i owned the river in my white trash fishing vessel. i busted my knee this ummer so cant shore fish and thought i would dominate in boat. not so good. captain is the man.everyone wants a piece of him everytime he posts a pic but he seems to be a legit c and r guy who just likes to post pics. keep it up.
  Hey, thanks man! I appreciate your post.   I just like to post pics and see other peoples pics of nice fish! Oh and I would also like to say thank you to all who share info and have answered any questions I've ever had, as I enjoy sharing info and helping others!     FISH ON !!!

:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
El Capitano

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
« Reply #13 on: Aug 23, 2009, 11:03 AM »
Nice ... i still have yet to catch a musky or see one live.

Bring on the Stripers !!!

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2009, 09:01 PM »
Nice fish again capt! I might have to dig some info from you. This is a really cool thread. It's well worth mentioning the help that some of the users give on this site. Kudo's to tha capt. I've tried fishing for those darn things and it makes fishing feel too much like work for me. How bad would I get beat up in the canoe down there? I'd leave your big game for ya after snappin' pics. But your perch be comin' home wit me. You're posts are making me want to take a drive.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.