FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleye record  (Read 3500 times)

Ray Colburn1

Walleye record
« on: Oct 28, 2009, 07:57 PM »
Did somebody break the state record for walleye on the Kankakee River this past week if so How big and the weight

lakehopper

Re: Walleye record
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2009, 11:23 PM »
first I've heard of it

hook em

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2009, 12:53 PM »
No word out here about a record Breaker....
But there is no doubt in my mind that the State Record Walleye is alive and well
in the Great Kankakee River,over the years I have caught some really nice walleye's there,
but to this point have not challenged the Record.I am really surprised this record has stood this long.

wallin

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2009, 06:06 PM »
First I heard-how big did you hear it was.

Tom
Wallin

Ray Colburn1

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2009, 09:40 PM »
I know the old record is 14'9oz or something like that but my ex-wife told me that she seen something in the local news paper about some record being broken but she thought it was a walleye I think it might of been some kind of Salomon probably.

gill gitter

« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2009, 12:47 PM »
I know the old record is 14'9oz or something like that but my ex-wife told me that she seen something in the local news paper about some record being broken but she thought it was a walleye I think it might of been some kind of Salomon probably.
may have been the new world record brown trout caught in the manistee river in michigan. 41.725 lbs. bjs sports inc. has pics on there wabsite

plakeboy

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2009, 07:07 PM »
http://donjordanoutdoors.com/pages/010503muskies.htm

This website details what occurred regarding an Indiana state record Walleye

WALLEYE RECORD DISALLOWED

According to DFW Chief of Fisheries Bill James, Scott Hoswell’s potential new state record walleye catch, a 14.47-lb. hog caught Dec. 11 is “not going to be accepted,” because Hoswell caught the fish inside Port of Indiana waters which is an area closed to fishing.  “He was up front about it and told us the truth,” said James.  The fish would have topped the existing state record by a quarter of a pound.

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2009, 06:08 PM »
http://donjordanoutdoors.com/pages/010503muskies.htm

This website details what occurred regarding an Indiana state record Walleye

WALLEYE RECORD DISALLOWED

According to DFW Chief of Fisheries Bill James, Scott Hoswell’s potential new state record walleye catch, a 14.47-lb. hog caught Dec. 11 is “not going to be accepted,” because Hoswell caught the fish inside Port of Indiana waters which is an area closed to fishing.  “He was up front about it and told us the truth,” said James.  The fish would have topped the existing state record by a quarter of a pound.

This isn't the first time a record has been disqualified from the Port of Indiana. I have a beef with this. Since when can you make part of public waters off limits to fishermen? Last I knew the Great Lakes were public. Thoughts?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

hook em

« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2009, 01:20 PM »
I agree,Public water is just That......
The last time I Fished Lake Michigan on the Indiana Side,
I was checked by the Indiana DNR for a valid Fishing License...
So that must make it Public ....
Lord knows we pay Dearly to Fish Public Waters.......

popnfish

« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2009, 01:59 PM »
It has to do with homeland security. Certain places are now off limits to the public. Same reason we can't fish by the Cook Nuclear Plant from shore any longer.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2009, 03:02 PM »
It has to do with homeland security. Certain places are now off limits to the public. Same reason we can't fish by the Cook Nuclear Plant from shore any longer.

Oh another one of those the rest of us have to suffer for the transgressions of a few people that weren't even Americans.  >:( >:( >:(  "No tolerance."   ::)  As a former military man I hate to break it to the bureaucrats. If a terrorist truly wanted to get into the Port of Indiana and do some damage he could. But the rest of us that are not terrorists are being penalized. They could easily allow us if we passed a security check. The government is just too lazy.

Reminds me of a situation a few years ago at the local high school. Some state bureaucrat decided there would be a no tolerance for any firearms on the school campus including the parking lot -- no exceptions. Trouble was a couple of boys went deer hunting before school started and forgot they had their shotguns in their vehicles. Long story short two boys that were otherwise good kids were expelled for a year and couldn't graduate with their class. What kind of brains does it take to realize this each situation is different and you don't need to treat a kid like a terrorist that isn't one? If the principal had any backbone he would have gone to bat for those boys and told the bureaucrat they weren't adhering to the rule in this case. If it was me I would have said go for it, "fire me."  >:(

Sorry this kind of thing hits a nerve for me.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.