FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sanders Fishing Guides  (Read 5457 times)

fishbear

Sanders Fishing Guides
« on: Dec 11, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Under the Christmas Gifts topic fishingjason provided the e-mail address for John Gaulke (John [email protected]) and said he had taken over the material for the updated Finger Lakes Edition. I emailed John Gaulke telling him I hoped he would proceed with this as many people would look forward to having this excellent reference, and that these guides had several favorable comments on this forum. It might be good for others on this forum to also contact John and tell him they would like to see the new edition come out.
"My God, its full of Fish!"

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: Sanders Fishing Guides
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2009, 10:37 PM »
Under the Christmas Gifts topic fishingjason provided the e-mail address for John Gaulke (John [email protected]) and said he had taken over the material for the updated Finger Lakes Edition. I emailed John Gaulke telling him I hoped he would proceed with this as many people would look forward to having this excellent reference, and that these guides had several favorable comments on this forum. It might be good for others on this forum to also contact John and tell him they would like to see the new edition come out.
  THANKS, good to know!  Those were great books.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

vogel451

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2009, 11:00 PM »
even though the last revision is several years old ill be hoping to get this book this x-mas :) ive been reading johns fishing reports for quite some time.  I believe he is just the person to continue this book!!! This man is well beyond qualified.  I hope he does something spectacular with this info.   Thanks john for the great reports  ;D
-Mclovin out

fishbear

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2009, 07:59 PM »
I just heard from John Gaulke and he says he has not taken over anything re the Sanders Guide. BUT he says John Sander is eventually going to put up the new guide as a Wiki-pedia type source that people will be able to update. That could be good, too.

John Gaulke

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Hi Guys,

I received a few emails from people on this forum, so I figured I might as well register and explain a few things.   I am friends with John Sander and I've encouraged him to put out the Finger Lakes Book for a long time.   He updated the Western NY Book a few years ago and sold some, but he still has thousands of copies sitting in his basement.   A lot of people that bought the earlier editions didn't feel that they needed to buy the updated one - though it is a huge step above the other books.   There's a ridiculous amount of content in the form of guest articles that was added in.

He knows there's a demand for a new FL Edition.  But given the relative lack of success of the WNY edition and the high costs of putting the FL Edition into publication, he's pretty much decided he's not going to put it out in book form.    For now, his plan is to put it up in a WIKI type format.    So we'll see what happens.   John has a lot of different things both personal and professional keeping him occupied now, so patience is the key.  But the book will come out sooner or later, and most likely online on his site.   

vogel451

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2009, 02:00 AM »
Well... that clears that up!!!!  ;D   Im glad to hear there are many more copies to be had. Got a link to though basement copys?  Instead of putting the money in some used book dealers hands. id like to put it johns hands.  got a link?  your the man, glad to see ya on MFF
-Mclovin out

fishbear

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2009, 06:12 PM »
You know what's sad? Lots of fishermen apparently won't spend a measly $19.95 for an updated version of these excellent guides that would provide tons of information for years to come. But lots of other people spend that much and more for one football or basketball ticket or a day's(or sometimes a half day's) greens fees on a golf course!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2009, 08:22 PM »
You know what's sad? Lots of fishermen apparently won't spend a measly $19.95 for an updated version of these excellent guides that would provide tons of information for years to come. But lots of other people spend that much and more for one football or basketball ticket or a day's(or sometimes a half day's) greens fees on a golf course!
 These times are a changin, why buy a book when you can lurk on the internet! Everything comes around though, last year my first experience with the internet, a guy said he was hammering the fish at one spot on the ice, so I went there, got squat, where I was going to go from my own notes and research they killed them. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, back to figuring out ice fishing on my own.  A good book would be refreshing and helpful!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

slabspanker

• i love wood and wood products
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2009, 06:49 AM »
i bought the new version last year. awesome book for telling you the basics about most spots. just with the Charts were more detailed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.