FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: New Reg - 3 Fishing Lines Now in PA  (Read 1459 times)

ole sam

New Reg - 3 Fishing Lines Now in PA
« on: Feb 28, 2012, 11:27 AM »
So I'm surprised to see we can now use 3 fishing lines at a time here in PA instead of two.  Never heard anything about it until I got the new rules book with my license.
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

ole sam

Re: New Reg - 3 Fishing Lines Now in PA
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2012, 07:06 PM »
When I saw the 3 poles in the regs, it reminded me of my father.  He fished the Pack for more than 60 years.  He'd be drifting and fishing two poles with live bait, leaches or clippers or nightcrawlers.  Suddenly he'd see a bass jump near the surface and he'd pick up a third pole with a Rapala for just one cast.  Of course the Pack's Waterways Patrolman (Joe B) would have him in his binoculars.  Sure enough dad would come home with a citation >:(, happened more than once! ::)
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

wileyc3

• Here fishy fishy fishy...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2012, 07:25 AM »
Will be nice for a half azzed spider rigg for crapps.  maybee in another 30 years they'll let us have 1 more to fill the last spot on the 4 rod holder, hehe ;D I can see some people taking advantage of this but for most it probably wont make a difference.

reel_mccoy

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:32 AM »
i think this is a long time coming as far as rule changes go.  obviously it has no place on the first day of trout (although some knuckleheads will undoubtedly try it  :o)  also when the fish are hitting its hard enough to keep 2 rods in the water.  but definately for catfishing, and those slow panfishing days too it will be great.  although i never got cited (my home lake growing up was 1/3000 the size of the pack and got little attention from authorities), i have been guilty of the 3 rod violation in the past!   :-[   at least its not a crime anymore...     :D  8)

wileyc3

• Here fishy fishy fishy...
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2012, 02:11 PM »
I agree, the only time i'll have 3 is when serchin for craps, it will give me a couple extra colors or depths to run when looking. Allthough ya did give me a funny visual pic in my head of someone runnin 3 lines on the 1st day of trout, got a good chukle from it  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.