FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake  (Read 27472 times)

Fish_ON

Re: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake
« Reply #105 on: Jun 01, 2011, 09:05 AM »
i was at the lake yesterday whats up with all the dead crappies everywhere?

IrishSlabHunter

• Reedsville, Pa
« Reply #106 on: Jun 01, 2011, 09:40 AM »
We also fished Sayers for 5 hours yesterday evening. The die off happens every year about this time. Some say it's due to the rising water temp. I suppose some are due to being hooked deep and released. We caught tons of Crappies but not any that were legal...8 1/2....8 3/4....8 7/8. It's a good time to get the kids fishing !!! During one stretch I caught Crappies on 5 consecutive casts. The water was clear and 82 degrees on the mountain side...85-86 and stained on the marina side. The males were "blacker than black"...I don't think I've ever seen them this dark.   

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #107 on: Jun 01, 2011, 05:18 PM »
It could be from all the high water from flooding this year...maybe they drowned   ::) ::) ;D

Stonecat

« Reply #108 on: Jun 01, 2011, 07:38 PM »
HA!Yep,good one Wild.The PFBC site says some tagged fish were caught at the lake.Have you heard anything on that?

fishingood

« Reply #109 on: Jun 05, 2011, 09:36 AM »
fished the east roadbed yesterday, after a brief rain delay.. fishing was decent, caught two nice size bullhead cats right off the bat, then one smallmouth. For the next few hours, caught a bunch of dink crappie, and later on, hooked into a HUGE largemouth which jumped out of the water several times, and threw the hook on the last time. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack lol.. but still a decent day..

btw, I remember seeing a map last year, that showed the lake, and all the various artificial fish structures around, it was free, and I can't seem to find it now. Anyone have it, or know where I can find one??

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #110 on: Jun 05, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Icemanclem and I went this morning for crappie and we did OK, with lots of shorts as usual.. we brought 10 keepers home.. still quite a few die offs floating around though.
Fishingood, you can go to the PFBC website and print a map there..that's the only free one I know of.

bassbait

• KICKIN SOME BASS
« Reply #111 on: Feb 16, 2012, 01:46 AM »
Fished here 2 saturdays ago. caught a bunch of crappie on plastics under a float.  most of them in the 7-8 inch range.

john t.

« Reply #112 on: Feb 18, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Iceman clem and i fished here today bite is very slow the road bed at the hunter run is all fishable and the road bed at the beach area will be early next week, the draw down only last a few weeks do the the lack of snow. once the fishing structure is done then they will fill it back up. water level is at 618.00

ICEMAN CLEM

• where the heck did we put the beer
« Reply #113 on: Feb 18, 2012, 11:32 PM »
if the bite was any slower we would have got skunked lol ;D ;D ;D

builder

« Reply #114 on: Feb 19, 2012, 06:08 PM »
when the lake is drawn down can you still use the winter lauch to get a boat in or is it too low.i never seen that launch during the draw down.

nez

« Reply #115 on: Feb 19, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Builder,
     This is the only launch you can use when the lake is drawn down.  It is not too bad of a launch, the only bad part is how muddy the boat gets from people's feet d/t no dock, but gives you access to the lake.
Nez

john t.

« Reply #116 on: Feb 19, 2012, 09:45 PM »
leave your boat at home you can walk all the way out the road bed at the beach area and still catch lots of fish  ;D

builder

« Reply #117 on: Feb 20, 2012, 05:53 AM »
i like to anchor and use my jigging rods and vex.i usually do pretty good. i wasn't out since late fall in the boat and i never got on any ice in pa this winter. i went up new york for a long weekend in january. i've been down by atlantic city remodeling a beach home for weeks now and i don't get home for 2 day weekends so its really getting old.

littleperch

« Reply #118 on: Feb 23, 2012, 03:45 PM »
leave your boat at home you can walk all the way out the road bed at the beach area and still catch lots of fish  ;D
[Fished off the end of the road bed this morning, water still very dirty.  Started using two rods, went through three dozen fatheads, on the bottom and under a float in a couple of hours.  No legal crappies, although I lost a good one at the bank, still had Wilds ice jig from last years ice still  in his lip.  The best catch was finding two anchors that were broke off at the road bed./quote]

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #119 on: Feb 23, 2012, 07:49 PM »
Hey they're good Jigs littleperch..you might wanna hold onto that incase we get ice this coming winter! ;)
And welcome to MFF   you'll have fun here too!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.