FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake  (Read 27381 times)

thinice68

Re: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake
« Reply #30 on: Mar 15, 2010, 02:25 PM »
Where is this "road bed" you folks are talking about?  Is it the one at the mouth of Hunter Run cut?
its under water now the lake is around winter level but on the rise think this will put the kibosh to the good fishing. we had a good week of the draw down fishing an had a blast i think there may a chance the water will go back down i hope

bobbly

« Reply #31 on: Mar 19, 2010, 09:10 AM »
Hi everybody; I had the best time yesterday below the dam.[after I got wrote up for parking the wrong place] HA! Ha!. I brought 41 fish home nothing under 8" I caught 2 Perch over 12" A gill that was 8and 3/4". It was just a wonderful day. Thank you digger for your help. nice talking to you and thinice that was the most awsome picture you showed me. Well Just lettin you know it was great.

thinice68

« Reply #32 on: Mar 19, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Hi everybody; I had the best time yesterday below the dam.[after I got wrote up for parking the wrong place] HA! Ha!. I brought 41 fish home nothing under 8" I caught 2 Perch over 12" A gill that was 8and 3/4". It was just a wonderful day. Thank you digger for your help. nice talking to you and thinice that was the most awsome picture you showed me. Well Just lettin you know it was great.
YA GREAT DAY nice to meet you to bobbly. we also had a great day we had 23 perch but all 11 to 14 we caught a pile of fish. i  cant believe you didn't see the no parking sign guess you know now lol hope the penalty's not too big. WHEN YA COMING OVER AGIN? let me know i know couple more hot spots well i should been fishing it every day its nice just to walk over an fish. we caught a pile today as well we released all fish today it was a wake up letting those jumbo perch know there is hooks there now. we fished the point an yanked fish all day long

john t.

« Reply #33 on: Mar 19, 2010, 07:25 PM »
The point :o thats my honey hole. ;D

psudukie1228

« Reply #34 on: Mar 20, 2010, 06:43 AM »
OK little help fellas.. going to take my son up to the lake tomorrow hopefully not only to fish but to catch. Any tips on where or how would be great. We dont keep our fish it is stricktly the fun of getting out and catching. We can do the minnow thing or throw small jigs.. just some pointers on where would help. Is the causeway at howard a good starting point.. or the beach area... dont know much about the spill way. Again thanks for your help.

John

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 20, 2010, 08:17 AM »
The causeway may be ok at this point with the water up some yet.I'm sure the fish are scattered some. You may be better of to go to the cut at the roadbed there. The beach area probably still has to much water to get to the roadbed there. Beware of the mud a this point in most areas with the water going back down. I'm not sure how old your son is, but that mud can eat a persons shoe/boot at times, may wanna bring a spare...lol :laugh:

bobbly

« Reply #36 on: Mar 20, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Its a long walk but below the dam would be great for a boy to catch a lot of fish go back on the back side of the spillway and fish the back water where its no currant

bobbly

« Reply #37 on: Mar 20, 2010, 11:08 AM »
hi thinice. I was really glad to me you also. I want to try to come over maybe Mon or Tues. I'm open for new holes. let me know when you can go again

john t.

« Reply #38 on: Mar 20, 2010, 07:44 PM »
hi thinice. I was really glad to me you also. I want to try to come over maybe Mon or Tues. I'm open for new holes. let me know when you can go again
I can sneek out on tues. ;D

thinice68

« Reply #39 on: Mar 21, 2010, 07:45 AM »
Tuesday would be better rain in forecast for Monday. the weekend is crazy ya need reservations for the good spots i was fly fishing yesterday almost caught a straw hat guess people think there is no hooks on the end of that fly line LOL. let me know what time you want to meet just don't park at the sewage plant LOL. you going john t ?

bobbly

« Reply #40 on: Mar 21, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Tuesday would be better rain in forecast for Monday. the weekend is crazy ya need reservations for the good spots i was fly fishing yesterday almost caught a straw hat guess people think there is no hooks on the end of that fly line LOL. let me know what time you want to meet just don't park at the sewage plant LOL. you going john t ?
Tuesdays fine you guys name the time. Hope you come too John

thinice68

« Reply #41 on: Mar 21, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Tuesdays fine you guys name the time. Hope you come too John
you name the time dont want you to wake up too early LOL. It dont matter to me if you want ill go up early an get a good spot an ill try to hold them back with the fly rod LOL. YOU IN JOHN T?

bobbly

« Reply #42 on: Mar 21, 2010, 05:31 PM »
I'll try for6:30 7:00 Which side. Hay thanks for reminding where to Park ;D

thinice68

« Reply #43 on: Mar 21, 2010, 07:07 PM »
I'll try for6:30 7:00 Which side. Hay thanks for reminding where to Park ;D
we will shoot for the point first if its not hot enough for us we will go to no mans land ill meet ya at the PARKING LOT you know where it is now LOL. Just maybe we will get into some jumbo perch i know there in there just need them to bite.

john t.

« Reply #44 on: Mar 21, 2010, 08:52 PM »
OK little help fellas.. going to take my son up to the lake tomorrow hopefully not only to fish but to catch. Any tips on where or how would be great. We dont keep our fish it is stricktly the fun of getting out and catching. We can do the minnow thing or throw small jigs.. just some pointers on where would help. Is the causeway at howard a good starting point.. or the beach area... dont know much about the spill way. Again thanks for your help.

John
the  cuuseway is a good place to start but the bank is pretty steep and a lot of loose rocks.
the spillway is easy to find is instead of turning into the park main entrance keep going about a mile take the first right on to marsh creek rd. go to the stop sign and take a right go 3/4 mile to the hair pin turn park in the parking lot where the cars are.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.