FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake  (Read 27720 times)

crappie_rod

Re: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake
« Reply #60 on: Apr 12, 2010, 06:10 PM »
How is the fishing. Coming down Fri. night the 23 and fishing till dark and staying over and fishing all day Sat. weather permitting. Are all launches open /useable?

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #61 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:05 PM »
crappie_rod, the fishing has been pretty good for the most part. No big crappie lately but lots of them. If your coming down in 2 weeks the water level should be almost to summer pool level and be able to access most ramps...hopefully anyway. Water should be about 60 degrees by then also if the weather holds out

Pajns

• Ya just GOTTA Love it!!!!
« Reply #62 on: Apr 12, 2010, 08:49 PM »
PM sent Crappie Rod.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught......JUST remember them being BIGGER!!

john t.

« Reply #63 on: Apr 13, 2010, 06:43 AM »
Digger Don or anyone else with some information....I see the lake level has been slowly going up for the last three days. Has the summer fill started or will the lake be lowered again ? There was a rumor of another draw down for more habitat improvement.
              Digger Don for John t.  - We started to fill the lake back to the summer level last week and at this time we are at 622.60 as summer lever is 630.00.    Once again please keep all fishing areas clean and free from trash.  Also we fixed up the walkway down to the outlet below the dam.  Filled in the ditch by the Sewage Treatment plant to help handicaped people make it down to fish.   Good fishing - Don!

cabst119

« Reply #64 on: Apr 23, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Still have to launch from the winter launch or are the others OK?

crappie_rod

« Reply #65 on: Apr 25, 2010, 09:43 AM »
I was  there Fri. night and  yesterday and we launched from the winter launch. There were a bunch of cars and trucks at the lower greens lot. Couldn't tell if there were any trailers on them. Didn't look at the Howard launch. We hammerde the crappies Fri. night and fished till almost dark. Got out Sat. about 9 and fished till 5 pm. Only fished 3 spots. They didn't bite too good on first spot. Went to next spot and hammered them for 2 or 3 hours. The wind picked up pretty good so we moved up to the causeway to get out of the wind cause our anchors wouldn't hold. That move didn't work. Fished there for an hour or so. Wind died down some so we moved to the second spot and they were hiting like crazy again. Fished that spot till 5. Great day no rain to speak of. Rained on the way home on 80.

cabst119

« Reply #66 on: Apr 25, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Any size to any of them?  Was hoping the average size is over 9" this year.

Skipper4080

• Pay attention to the planer,don't you miss em'
« Reply #67 on: Apr 26, 2010, 09:48 PM »
The group which post on here, they know who they are, we caught several crappies this winter well over 9" some days we came close to catching a limit, but you went through a lot a fish to get there.
Never get excited,there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is!!

crappie_rod

« Reply #68 on: Apr 27, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Only had 7 keepers in 9 1/2 hours of fishing. They were 9 1/2 to 11 in. The average is the usual 8 1/2 to 8 3/4 with some just a hair over 9. It was just great to caught a bunch of fish no matter the size with my dad and brother.

poconosfisher2

« Reply #69 on: Apr 28, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Is there the same 9 inch regulation for crappies down in the spillway? or is that only for the lake

crappie_rod

« Reply #70 on: Apr 28, 2010, 05:40 PM »
I am pretty sure it is just in the lake.

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #71 on: Apr 28, 2010, 06:57 PM »
It's in the lake only for the 9 inch limit.

Fishfooler

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2010, 10:44 AM »
Any recent crappie reports available??

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2010, 04:17 PM »
A buddy and I went up Friday night to the spillway around dark and fished til 1:30a.m. We each caught a limit of crappie 8-10 inchers. We caught close to 200 though and half were under 8inches  as usual. But hey, the one we kept taste as good as the bigger 11-12 inch ones, just takes more fillets to fill me up. Caught a couple catfish also, but no bonus walleye.

timmyturtle

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2010, 06:37 AM »
I spent several hours yesterday on the lake trying to get my girls to catch some fish and we didn't get a thing. I don't have much experience on this lake and was hoping that someone would be able to help us out. Are there any certain spots we should try? What time of day is best for crappie and what bait? The good spots that I have been told about are the bridge pillars and the old rt 220 road bed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.