FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Lake Nockamixon  (Read 5377 times)

jeepnutt

Lake Nockamixon
« on: Mar 14, 2010, 10:46 AM »
I live in allentown and would like to do a bunch of fishing at nockamixon this season.  I picked up a 15hp motor for my boat so I can use it here.  Not really into bass fishing, walleye's would be my first choice.  Panfishing is fine and I hear there's some good catfishing too.  Any tips on launches or areas to try.

pocono

Re: Lake Nockamixon
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2010, 07:00 PM »
Nockamixon has a lot of structure place in there and should inhance the fishing.  A hydrographic map will be avaliable with all the structure (porcupine cribs etc.)  this spring at poconolakemaps.com

jeepnutt

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2010, 07:57 PM »
I'll save that link and watch for them.  Thanks

Skipper4080

• Pay attention to the planer,don't you miss em'
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2010, 02:37 PM »
Uplake from 3-mile run when the weeds are on, fish from the launch side and the tree which used to be there on the other side, sluggos and black buzz baits with pork.
Never get excited,there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is!!

fishfinatic

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2010, 11:34 AM »
Right off of Rte 563 there are 3 areas to launch your boat.  Signs are posted
right off the highway for boat launches.  A great lake for Walleyes, a lot of
large Walleyes in Nockamixon. 

boerboel

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2010, 04:12 PM »
Finatic, I have never fished Nockamixon but may give it a try.  Any suggestions on how to catch or where to find walleyes?  Thanks

fishfinatic

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2010, 05:33 PM »
I have only fished Nockamixon a few times in my boat and trolling seemed to be the best way
to get into the Walleyes.  I use a medium to deep diving plug and look for drop offs to troll.  I
have only caught a few nice ones out of Nockamixon,  but I have seen guys in boats catch
some monsters.   8)

jeepnutt

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2010, 06:58 PM »
I have only fished Nockamixon a few times in my boat and trolling seemed to be the best way
to get into the Walleyes.  I use a medium to deep diving plug and look for drop offs to troll.  I
have only caught a few nice ones out of Nockamixon,  but I have seen guys in boats catch
some monsters.   8)
I'm gonna have to get the boat uncovered soon and get down there if this weather stays like this.

saphireblue99

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2010, 08:31 AM »
Fished Saturday 3/20 from 11 till dark. 1 -3 lb smallie, 1 - 3.5 lb largemouth and one miss, all on rockpile by spillway on LuckyCraft 100 Deep Diver . Water temp from 47 to 55 (at end of cove at Haycock). Water pretty dirty. Lots of boats out in AM. Saw lots of dead small crappies at edges of coves.

jeepnutt

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Headed down tommorow.  Going to try drifting some floating jigs with crawlers if there's a breeze.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.