FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: crawfish  (Read 1485 times)

perch hunter

crawfish
« on: Mar 31, 2010, 07:12 PM »
does anyone in ne pa go for crawfish, would like to caught some for a meal
                                  perch hunter

Skipper4080

• Pay attention to the planer,don't you miss em'
Re: crawfish
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2010, 12:05 PM »
Out here in central Pa the Juniata river systems is crayfish heaven and there is a lot of big ones.
Never get excited,there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is!!

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2010, 01:34 PM »
I know the creeks can get full of them,at least I see a ton of-em in my Stonecat spots.I dont like handling them at all,rather get stung by a stonecat than pinched by a crab.......

Stonecat

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2010, 06:08 PM »
does anyone in ne pa go for crawfish, would like to caught some for a meal
                                  perch hunter
Just wondering-how you fixing those craws?When we were kids we'd catch em by hand from the creek then we would throw the tails in the hot coals of a campfire.The shells would turn red -we just peeled  em and ate like shrimp.Some of my first shore lunches I guess.Haven't had any for years.

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Just wondering-how you fixing those craws?When we were kids we'd catch em by hand from the creek then we would throw the tails in the hot coals of a campfire.The shells would turn red -we just peeled  em and ate like shrimp.Some of my first shore lunches I guess.Haven't had any for years.

Wassup Stonecat,I never tried them!!!but I never tried a perch/crappie or bluegill either,never seen the sense of wasting your time/effort on such little to eat after filleting........Would like to give the crayfish a try though,but ya gotta let-em purge/crap first in clean water a couple days first,another waste of time........

icemole

« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2010, 07:40 AM »
the bait shop i used to work for would get them in for a couple of our customers. we ordered them from our bait dealer who would order them from his supplier in arkansaw (these were eating size 6-8in) , ofcourse now you can get them at most of the seafood stores in this area (frozen)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.