FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New or Unusual Walleye baits/lures?  (Read 6786 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
New or Unusual Walleye baits/lures?
« on: Apr 29, 2010, 10:39 AM »
I have mixed success with walleye each year, and since Im headed to the Bay of Quinte this weekend for a two day fishing trip I thought I would ask if anyone has any new or unusual walleye baits or lures.

I see a bunch of guys throwing the same old thing each year and wanted to try something different, any suggestions?

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
Re: New or Unusual Walleye baits/lures?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:43 AM »
Kind of funny you ask this. I think there is a reason for them thowing the same old things, They work!

I got 4 huge tackle boxes loaded with all the New Hot items. And when you get done spending the money on all this stuff you find yourself going back to all the old lures that work. I been haveing good luck on Rapalas. But try the Husky Jerks. The new plastics with rattles seems to work great compared to the old Balsa wood designs. Dont get one size but use diffrent sizes as I found out sometimes Huge baits get the bites. Maybe when you think about it shape isnt as important as fishing with confidance.

When you look at lures all lures almost look alike One way or another they are spinoffs of another design. get a few of the basics and work from there and see what the fish like thats when you just fine tune it with manufactures. Thats just my opinion.
Did you put the plug in the boat?

father o millions

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2010, 04:21 PM »
FL-18,.............It's not new,..but U wont c 2 many peeps rockin the size 18. I've had success outside oswego at night w huge 10lbs walleye and big browns,....15lbs my biggest brown ever.  Firetiger was the color that did the most damage. We flatline them back 75ft - 100ft back and loose on the drag.

TJG

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2010, 01:40 AM »
The Berkley Flika shad has been a nice surprize, and the Mustad slow death hooks are awesome
but the good old live rig has brought me my 10s and 8s this year again.

fishermantim4

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2010, 09:26 AM »
The oddest bait i seen an eye caught on this year was a storm baby bass. I know eyes like baby bass just usuaslly don't like the thick heavy plastic baits
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2010, 11:47 AM »
I can think of twice that I was with someone (myself and my son) that caught a walleye on an "unusual" bait. Some years ago, I caught a saugeye (a walleye/sauger cross) with a Wheatie dough ball while fishing for carp. My son this summer caught a walleye with a dough (stink) bait set out for catfish. I would not reccomend either for consistancy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.