FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 559575 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2640 on: Jul 17, 2014, 02:25 PM »
I hear ya brother!

Yesterday morning I caught (and released) my limit of 8 1/2" crappies and raised a couple of bass. Between the full moon nights and super high pressure , they were pretty much shut down.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2641 on: Jul 18, 2014, 05:42 AM »
been slow  last few  days :(  going exploring  this am  ......if nothing else we  get a  boat ride
....been noticing  some gass hoppers  in the  yard  .....soon  ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2642 on: Jul 18, 2014, 03:18 PM »
Just went out to hook .up the boat to the little red truck. Darned thing wouldn't start. Might be the clutch safety switch or just corroded connections. ya least I have the time to fix it  ;D

Might take a look at the stream in the morning. It was still up and discolored this morning.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2643 on: Jul 21, 2014, 07:47 AM »
I finally took the Wonderod out last evening. I thought I'd share MY first fish on it.  It isn't much, but it made this ol' fart giddy... ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

trapper2000

« Reply #2644 on: Jul 21, 2014, 09:26 AM »
looks  great to me!  nice way to bring a  old rod back into action!!!!

trapper2000

« Reply #2645 on: Jul 21, 2014, 10:06 AM »
had people in my back yard last night i believe up to no good! going to put up a couple motion detection spot lights ,nothing was taken from boats or truck but i heard them try to get in my shed ......no worrys mr coumo the walthers only had 7 rounds in it when i ran out.....  as  we  get  older hard to  realize  times  change  and i hope i can  write this  as a  warning  without  offending  people .....when i was a kid  the worse thing was  you smoked one after school  turned on  deep purple  and fell asleep no one got hurt ....today many many people suffer  honest addiction   from opiates  .... i'm 100%  sure   people  were  looking  to  grab  stuff last night  to take  to pawn  shops ......this isn't a inner city problem  it's a everywhere problem!  i  suggest  you  check  your  homeoners  insurance   or  renters   make  sure  it's  up to  date   and  i  suggest you keep  everything locked  up!  fishing ,hunting ,musical,lap tops  all sell  ........ i'm glad  i was up late  last night and  heard  these  idiots  ...i'm also  glad i have  protection ...but that too is  something  that  would  be  stolen!   becareful  ,protect  yourself  your family  and   your  proprety  and   look at your insurance  ....just in  case

chrony59

« Reply #2646 on: Jul 21, 2014, 11:08 AM »
had people in my back yard last night i believe up to no good! going to put up a couple motion detection spot lights ,nothing was taken from boats or truck but i heard them try to get in my shed ......no worrys mr coumo the walthers only had 7 rounds in it when i ran out.....  as  we  get  older hard to  realize  times  change  and i hope i can  write this  as a  warning  without  offending  people .....when i was a kid  the worse thing was  you smoked one after school  turned on  deep purple  and fell asleep no one got hurt ....today many many people suffer  honest addiction   from opiates  .... i'm 100%  sure   people  were  looking  to  grab  stuff last night  to take  to pawn  shops ......this isn't a inner city problem  it's a everywhere problem!  i  suggest  you  check  your  homeoners  insurance   or  renters   make  sure  it's  up to  date   and  i  suggest you keep  everything locked  up!  fishing ,hunting ,musical,lap tops  all sell  ........ i'm glad  i was up late  last night and  heard  these  idiots  ...i'm also  glad i have  protection ...but that too is  something  that  would  be  stolen!   becareful  ,protect  yourself  your family  and   your  proprety  and   look at your insurance  ....just in  case
X2........ My house was broken into in Greece , N.Y. on Christmas morning 2013 while we were visiting relatives in Florida ! I was way under insured.......... lost 8 shotguns and 4 rifles !! I'm still not over it yet ....................I hope they come back when I'm home I got something "SPECIAL" for them .........

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2647 on: Jul 21, 2014, 03:41 PM »
Trapper,

Unfortunately, YOU'RE SO CORRECT!!! I have fell asleep watching TV late in the evening and woke up at 2-3:00 am only to see vehicles pass by that I KNOW don't belong here. My closest neighbor is 200 yds. away and they're an old couple that go to bed early. My next nearest neighbor is 2/10 mile away who works as a union electrician so I know he's in bed at that time but we're all on a private road so what the heck are these vehicles doing cruising by? I pray to God and sonny Jesus that I don't ever have to shoot anyone, but I'll be D@MNED if I'm gonna let some meth-head/crack-head etc., walk away with something I worked an honest days living for!  >:(  I know you fellas in NY have to deal with Cuomo, but I don't, even though I live less than a quarter mile from the state line. So the bottom line is, if anyone's caught on my property stealing from me, I don't have to deal with Andy's BS laws... the scumbag(s) will be dealt with by good ol' PA country boy justice!  ;D

PS:

My Ithaca DS Police Special riot shotgun holds 7 rounds and it's kept stoked with 00 buck... just in case!!

WK

Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2648 on: Jul 21, 2014, 03:50 PM »
I finally took the Wonderod out last evening. I thought I'd share MY first fish on it.  It isn't much, but it made this ol' fart giddy... ;D

Bill,

Nice that you got that old gem out again! I haven't forgotten you, if I ever find a suitable (original) bag, I'll be in touch! ;D

WK

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2649 on: Jul 21, 2014, 04:12 PM »
Careful who you're gonna shoot at and when. You may just end up where they ought to be. Stuff is just that....stuff. Not worth taking a life over. If they decide to enter my home they will have a problem. I can't really remember if the 9 mm has 7 or 15 rounds in it. I don't think I've looked at it since we were all made safe by Andy.

I was out harassing the gills today as well. Practicing with the dry flies and a couple of new recipe furled leaders. I made up some 72" with a very light tip for the 3 wt but they worked much better with the 5 wt and a DT5F. I was able to float a dry out there on an additional 4' of 5x tippet giving me a 10' leader. I'm trying to get in practice for some trout fishing. 

Anyway, the elk hair coachman was the ticket. Man they were inhaling that fly ;D

Rg

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2650 on: Jul 22, 2014, 06:38 AM »
Careful who you're gonna shoot at and when. You may just end up where they ought to be. Stuff is just that....stuff. Not worth taking a life over. If they decide to enter my home they will have a problem. I can't really remember if the 9 mm has 7 or 15 rounds in it. I don't think I've looked at it since we were all made safe by Andy.

Rg

Might as well unload it then...you have nothing to worry about!  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2651 on: Jul 22, 2014, 10:16 AM »
Yeah well I believe I'll do my civic duty and help old Andy keep me safe. Actually we're fortunate enough to have an excellent village police force. They do a terrific job of deterring malfeasance. One of the benefits of small town living.   

Anyhoo.....I decided to hit the canal verrrrry early this morning. I was on the water at 3:15 am. I thought the walleye and crappie might just be more active than during the heat of the day. I was right. I only managed 1 keeper walleye and 15 crappies, but it was a ball. Fish we're chasing bait all over the place. It was tough to compete. I may just try it again tomorrow.

Rg

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2652 on: Jul 22, 2014, 03:57 PM »
Yeah well I believe I'll do my civic duty and help old Andy keep me safe. Actually we're fortunate enough to have an excellent village police force. They do a terrific job of deterring malfeasance. One of the benefits of small town living.   

Anyhoo.....I decided to hit the canal verrrrry early this morning. I was on the water at 3:15 am. I thought the walleye and crappie might just be more active than during the heat of the day. I was right. I only managed 1 keeper walleye and 15 crappies, but it was a ball. Fish we're chasing bait all over the place. It was tough to compete. I may just try it again tomorrow.

Rg

Rg,

You're lucky in that regard, we don't even have so much a Barney Fife in our entire township and the nearest PA State Troopers barracks is 27 miles away. The nearest NY Troopers barracks is 5 miles away but they won't cross the state line unless they're called in for assistance. Folks around here just kinda keep an eye out for one another but it gets tougher each year.

Aside from that, glad to hear you did well on the night bite. Have you ever tried a submersible light? The latest issue of FFG magazine has a good article about using them for Crappie at night during the summer months.

WK

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2653 on: Jul 22, 2014, 05:56 PM »
If I'm not mistaken submersible lights at night are illegal in Ny. Anyway, no, I've never tried them.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2654 on: Jul 22, 2014, 06:54 PM »
If I'm not mistaken submersible lights at night are illegal in Ny.

Oh?  Guess I have been braking the law for a long time...     ???
Use them every winter ice fishing...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.