FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560016 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2685 on: Aug 30, 2014, 06:47 AM »
been  watching them  suck up the  bottom of  lake  neatahwanta  up  ...interesting set up they got going  i'll dry and get some pictures and ask questions  today...not sur how much of the lake they plan on doing  or how long it will take
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2686 on: Aug 30, 2014, 08:41 AM »
What's their mission Trap?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #2687 on: Aug 30, 2014, 11:29 AM »
i might  spell it  wrong  but  it's  hydro dredging  to  remove  muck  and  phosphors sedimets  in hopes  they  can  clean the  lake  and  to open  springs ...which i thing is  a  myth ...i think it  will  make  the  lake  deeper in  areas  that  they  do it .... i'm  not a  scientist  nor a  engineer  but  i  don't  think  lose  muck would  stop a spring   but i'm  probabally  wrong  and  i  enjoy  watching the  operation

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #2688 on: Aug 30, 2014, 12:43 PM »
TRAP.
 you are not wrong, this is bud money for GOV. JUST LIKE THE HUDSON.
 just a thought.if they didnot have a GOV. job they would be to"dumb"
to have a real job. like"vice pres."
just me
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2689 on: Aug 30, 2014, 01:17 PM »
That's not a fair statement there Rat.

I was skeptical of the deep water oxygenation program used at I-Bay when it was introduced. It's had some good success in my opinion. The water quality has really improved over he years. There's a lot of factors contributing to the turn around of the bay, but those same engineers and biologists were largely responsible.

I say, job well done!

Hope your home town lake improves Trap.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2690 on: Aug 30, 2014, 11:00 PM »
So what is lake Neatahwanta??? A sludge pool for the city/borough of Fulton NY??? I looked it up on Google Earth... Are the fish from this lake safe to eat, or is it a catch and release only lake?

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #2691 on: Aug 31, 2014, 12:38 PM »
Great Captain You have there Bob!! Great to see him taking some time away from the soccer ball to fish with Gramps!! Good stuff!!!--KP 8)

Trap, I don't believe sediment and muck would hold back a spring...they surface where they want and would certainly keep pushing whatever material is in the way...outta the way. I hope what they do, will do good for that lake of yours!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2692 on: Aug 31, 2014, 01:30 PM »
He's hooked for sure KP. We're going again Tuesday. Time I teach him some shore fishing.  Cane poles all around ;D

He'll be tossing flies before I know it.

From what I've read about the plans to dredge the lake, their objective is to remove a lot of the accumulated sediment. Seems that lake has been the repository of sewer and storm runoff. Makes sense really. The town is old and I'm sure there's a hundred years of build up. If they're using the system described in the article I read, they'll be dredging up the muck and transferring it to separation cylinders that allow the clean water to return to the lake and the sediment to settle and solidify. The sediment, it's said, can be sold for fertilizer.

They're working on it. That's a good thing.

Rg

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2693 on: Aug 31, 2014, 10:25 PM »
Rg,

Wasn't Onondaga lake resurrected from the dead as well some years back?

WK

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2694 on: Sep 01, 2014, 02:18 AM »
They've been working on Onondaga  for several years. Major project down there.  Between the oil tank farm and Crouse Hines, they turned that lake into a cesspool.

Lakes and nature are pretty amazing things. With a little TLC from man, these lakes will recover nicely in a remarkably short time, geologically speaking.

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #2695 on: Sep 01, 2014, 08:41 PM »
well the  thing is  it's  not  chemical  nor sewer its  all sediment but i been  fishing this  lake  nearly  60 years  ...the  debate  of  dredging  it  is  older then me ....  the  lake  had  water pumped  out  many  years  ago  to clam  farm land ...  now  30 years  ago it  was  one  of the  best crappie  lakes  in the  state .....  rat although  the  feds have given grants  the city and the people  have  worked hand and hand to attempt this i'll post  pictures  tomorrow  i  was  surprized  how  must  sediment they  took out in a  very small  area.....

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2696 on: Sep 01, 2014, 08:44 PM »
They've been working on Onondaga  for several years. Major project down there.  Between the oil tank farm and Crouse Hines, they turned that lake into a cesspool.

Lakes and nature are pretty amazing things. With a little TLC from man, these lakes will recover nicely in a remarkably short time, geologically speaking.

Rg

Streams as well... There are several I know of within an hour or so drive of my home that used to be void of all aquatic life due to mine acid runoff from strip mining practices here in northern PA. The water in these streams was a turquoise blue color from the copper sulfates. The DEP and PA Fish and Boat Comm. started a reclamation program some years ago by installing "limestone filtration boxes" on a number of the small tribs that fed these streams. As a result, they're now able to stock these streams with trout.

WK

big_guy_13021

« Reply #2697 on: Sep 04, 2014, 03:13 AM »
why every time i go to home page it logs me out...i know im offvthevtopic but this is the only page that dont kick me off. i tryed several pages.i dont thinkbi was a bad boy.so i shouldnt get spanked ;Dtryed to message rg spanked me again... :'(

filetandrelease

« Reply #2698 on: Sep 04, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Onondaga lake is getting cleaned up , now they just realized it's going to take longer and and tons more money than previous  thought to finish and going much slower , one way they were getting contamination out of the soils was to spread and mix with mulch and plant willow saplings to suck up pollutants out of the soil ,then when big enough cut and burnt ,  here is a funny fact , the biggest feeder stream to the lake is the sewer treatment plant , and the other feeder has a greater salt content than the ocean , the company I worked for did the site work at the sewer plant and one of our operators worked on the sapling project I'm sure by now they do something different

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2699 on: Sep 04, 2014, 01:00 PM »
Sounds like a cookie issue. What browser are you using?

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.