FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 559836 times)

big_guy_13021

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2700 on: Sep 04, 2014, 02:01 PM »
use my phone cleaned my cookies tryed to message fillet and got spanked to.this is the only page thats a go

big_guy_13021

« Reply #2701 on: Sep 04, 2014, 02:07 PM »
well spank myself  ;D i had my cookies off...soryy rg for cluttering ur page...but u have the magic button ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2702 on: Sep 04, 2014, 03:06 PM »
No worries. Glad it's repaired.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2703 on: Sep 26, 2014, 06:18 PM »
sorry  for being MIA  guys  but i  have  been  having somewhat a  family  er  and  computor  problems  to boot ...

i been hitting all my normally  good  spots  with little  to no luck  so the  other  day i  was  walking the  bridges  in fulton  enjoying a  stop at  d&d  ...as a kid i enjoyed looking over at the water  and somethings time doesn't change ...i was surprized at what i seen  in the shallow water  1000's  of  carp  ...so i  watched  them and  noticed  they  were  setting up in feeding lanes  like  trout  would! see a  big  rock  and  20  carp  behind it  ,,,i  watched and  seen them  move  qwickly  and  knew they  were  feeding , yesterday  i  went  across the  lock  and  walked  over  to the  fast  shallows  with the  fly  rod  and  weighted  nymphs  ......i had  one of my best days this year  no compitition  unlimited big fish and perfect water .... i landed 3 carp  lost 2  others   none were big  but they were  fun i seen alot of sheephead too  but i never  got one to take  ....  thanks  mr carp for a great work out and a fun  morning ...

how about that  derek  jeter   ;D what a great  game  and  a  great way  to  say  good bye to the  fans at home ...thank you  for  20  years  of  fun  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2704 on: Sep 26, 2014, 08:51 PM »
how about that  derek  jeter   ;D what a great  game  and  a  great way  to  say  good bye to the  fans at home ...thank you  for  20  years  of  fun  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

That was spectacular.............. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2705 on: Sep 27, 2014, 04:00 AM »
It's ironic that he plays his last game in Boston.

I was on the backyard stream a while ago and having no luck at all. Water was very low and gin clear. I got to one of the carp pools and there was a pod feeding in the headwaters. Tossed all of my go to flies at them with no interest at all.

So I waded across the stream and up to the corn field where the farmer generously donated an ear of field corn. After cutting some corn off the cob and chumming, I stuck a couple of kernals on a Clouser and tossed it out. Hooked up with 4 and landed 3 on the 3 wt with 4x tippet. One was pushing 10 lbs. What a hoot!

Adapt, improvise and overcome ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #2706 on: Sep 27, 2014, 10:15 AM »
RG  earlier  i  found  carp like  gulp alive  waxies  too  ;D  i just rode my bike over the north bridge (lower)  looked  down  and  it's  invested  with  carp  and  sheepheads ...thinking  i'll try a  crawfish pattern see if that works to  entice those sheephead to  play .....i checked my marina and i couldn't see a gill anywhere .....this is  depressing .......  ps  this old fart is  averaging 7.5 miles aday   cycling and walking .... i should be in decent  shape  for bow season and walking on ice ;D

and dack  that was  a goodbye in  jeter  fashion ......  last  game   agaist the  the  sox  ....... i love  it

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #2707 on: Sep 27, 2014, 12:12 PM »
THAT IS GREAT--trapper i wish i could do that 7.5 miles
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2708 on: Sep 27, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Toss a brown wooly bugger at those sheep. It always worked on Oak Orchard.

Rg

KingPerch

« Reply #2709 on: Sep 27, 2014, 04:20 PM »
KP is alive!!! ;D Gotta give a great Thanks to one of NY's finest...Derek Jeter!! Thanks for 20 years of dedication and commitment to NY!! Hey Trap! You motorcycling or bicycling to those fishing holes??? If your riding the bicycle....I have no prayer trying to keep up with you on the ice my friend!!! ;) Josh, his bud Jarid and myself are going to see if mr. mudshark wants to play tomorrow!! ;D

LIFE IS GOOD!!! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #2710 on: Sep 28, 2014, 05:20 AM »
KP is alive!!! ;D Gotta give a great Thanks to one of NY's finest...Derek Jeter!! Thanks for 20 years of dedication and commitment to NY!! Hey Trap! You motorcycling or bicycling to those fishing holes??? If your riding the bicycle....I have no prayer trying to keep up with you on the ice my friend!!! ;) Josh, his bud Jarid and myself are going to see if mr. mudshark wants to play tomorrow!! ;D

LIFE IS GOOD!!! 8)

i been  peddling my  wrinkled  buttock every day  for about a month  ....now my idea  was i  could  use  my  mtn bike  to  bow  hunt on  state trails  here  in NY  and  in PA ,the second benifit is  it has improved my breathing and endurance ,i'm really glad i started  this ...i suggest ever old fart check with thier doctor and start some  exercise ...when i first started i was peddling a few blocks  ..amaxing how fast you  build up ....i'm no health  guru but i feel better and i know i will be able  to walk further this year  ;D  plus  when fish won't bite it's  fun ....good luck on those salmon  KP  and  JR  KP

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2711 on: Sep 28, 2014, 07:39 AM »
It's the only part of fishing you have control of Trapper. Keep at it. I still run 5 or 6 mornings a week. Gotta keep the wheels rollin'  ;D

Don't let those kids get the better of you KP. Have fun!

Rg

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #2712 on: Sep 28, 2014, 02:07 PM »
WOW...I CANNOT do that any more.may be two hours of wood
cutting.that is maybe.but you must.keep going or 
you know.
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2713 on: Sep 28, 2014, 03:33 PM »
i been  peddling my  wrinkled  buttock every day  for about a month  ....now my idea  was i  could  use  my  mtn bike  to  bow  hunt on  state trails  here  in NY  and  in PA ,the second benifit is  it has improved my breathing and endurance ,i'm really glad i started  this ...i suggest ever old fart check with thier doctor and start some  exercise ...when i first started i was peddling a few blocks  ..amaxing how fast you  build up ....i'm no health  guru but i feel better and i know i will be able  to walk further this year  ;D  plus  when fish won't bite it's  fun ....good luck on those salmon  KP  and  JR  KP

trapper...

Where do you hunt PA?... Just curious. My wife has suggested that we invest in mountain bikes for each of us. I don't mind walking, but I think I'd enjoy the bike more and I could stand to lose some more pounds. I quit smoking near 5 years ago so my breathing and stamina are much better already. There a few long streams near my home like Pine creek (Tioga Co.) and Schrader creek (Bradford Co.) that have access by bicycle or shoe leather only. Any suggestions?

WK

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

trapper2000

« Reply #2714 on: Sep 30, 2014, 02:39 PM »
well the  water  got raised  a bit and  now i can't get to my  carp and sheep head , anyways it was  fun for a few  days ...tomorrow i'll be in the  tree stand  instead of a fly rod ...i think ,still i can't help but wonder why the fishing turned so poor lately  ...... rat  you might not do  7 miles  but i  bet  you have more endurance then most!  just start walking slow (after  your  doctor ok's  it)  it really is making me feel better  i'm breathing better and less aches and pains  my endurance  is alot better and i think my outlook is too ....  now i need fish  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.