FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 559985 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2820 on: May 04, 2015, 02:21 AM »
I'm heading to the stream this afternoon. Gotta finish the leaf spring shackle and hanger on the little red truck first. Heard some clunking yesterday when I was towing the boat. Took a look to find the leaf spring was resting on the bottom of the truck bed. Shackle and hanger were gone. PITA job. Got the remnants of the old one out yesterday after grinding off the rivets. Now I have to get the bolt and bushing out of the leaf spring. Ain't gonna be fun.

But....I did have walleye on the grill for dinner ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2821 on: May 04, 2015, 06:58 AM »
whole  month  has  been  filled  with  jobs  like that RG  I  had  to  drill out  2  bolts   for  my trailer  hitch  cut a access  hole  for  new  fram   nuts  and  reattach  everything  .....  take  your  time  no sence in a hurry  you'll get it
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2822 on: May 04, 2015, 11:06 AM »
Oh I got it. Only took an hour or so. Much easier with a clear head. Now I have to do the other side. That one's broken too. OYE!. At lease that side will be easier. No exhaust in the way. I'll get to it next week.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2823 on: May 04, 2015, 02:07 PM »
I'm heading to the stream this afternoon. Gotta finish the leaf spring shackle and hanger on the little red truck first. Heard some clunking yesterday when I was towing the boat. Took a look to find the leaf spring was resting on the bottom of the truck bed. Shackle and hanger were gone. PITA job. Got the remnants of the old one out yesterday after grinding off the rivets. Now I have to get the bolt and bushing out of the leaf spring. Ain't gonna be fun.

But....I did have walleye on the grill for dinner ;D

Rg

Guess there was a silver lining to that cloud after all Rg!!

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2824 on: May 04, 2015, 03:27 PM »
Yeah, and a nice one to boot. I only managed one walleye but it was just shy of 26" and a nice meal with more in the freezer. I also caught what I think was my personal best perch. 15 1/4" measured and no idea what it weighed. Also made some nice fillets ;D
Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2825 on: May 04, 2015, 10:07 PM »
Yum   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2826 on: May 05, 2015, 04:11 AM »
I did a test mission to my backyard stream with the little spinning rod last evening. Caught one smallie on a rooster tail. Saw several more. No gills yet which surprised me. Water was warm enough to go without waders. I'll be getting the fly chaser out this afternoon  ;D . Got a little gardening to do this morning while it's cool.

Rg

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2827 on: May 06, 2015, 05:50 AM »
I got 2 mini spinning rods  4 foot I guess ...they suck .....cast aweful ...feel funny.....and hook setting is  less then desired ....I got a couple okma 6 ft ultras from snagger  best panfish spinning rod I ever had
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2828 on: May 06, 2015, 12:38 PM »
My favorite little spinning rod is a 6', 2pc UL Lamiglas blank I built in 1982. There's no counting the fish that little rod has caught. I finally had to replace the Penn reel I had on it for all those years. Put a Pfleuger President on it.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #2829 on: May 06, 2015, 04:14 PM »

I have 2 , both 5.0 and one piece , each has its own designated job ,one is a very old Berkley lighting rod ul and the other is a shimano - Clarus ul with med fast action ,  both with trion  ul reels ,

KingPerch

« Reply #2830 on: May 06, 2015, 08:11 PM »
I got 2 mini spinning rods  4 foot I guess ...they suck .....cast aweful ...feel funny.....and hook setting is  less then desired ....I got a couple okma 6 ft ultras from snagger  best panfish spinning rod I ever had
I picked up a couple of those rods from Shane. ...great rods!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2831 on: May 07, 2015, 03:26 AM »
I built myself a set of small stream rods last year from 2pc 6'-6" 2wt IM-6 blanks. They're a ton of fun . The 2wt fly rod is a real giggle with a nice gill on it. I put Recoil Titanium guides on it and a sweet little Bauer reel.  The spinning rod is a great little trout rod.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #2832 on: May 07, 2015, 06:21 AM »

RG those are sweet

rp dog

« Reply #2833 on: May 07, 2015, 06:54 AM »
Very nice . My favorite is a 9' lamiglass slow action rod it goes in the truck when i go fishing whether its steelhead or bluegill.
Can't remember when I built it and try to build 1 or 2 rods a year always 2 piece design . I try them all but somehow the 9' is the one is the one i can't leave home without. Lets me keep it spooled with 4 pound test and can fish for anything around here.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2834 on: May 07, 2015, 02:58 PM »
Got tied up gardening again this morning. Made my bride smile though. That's always good.

So I'm grabbing the fly chaser and hitting the evening hatch. Very warm today but now the breeze has switched to the north. Very nice ;D

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.