FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 559576 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3165 on: Apr 30, 2016, 03:21 PM »
low if we lived  closer i'd  loan ya a  rod and  make you come with me  ;D

today  was  unexpected !  first because i riped my waders i  grabed  the  neos and wadeing shoes i  got to the stream at about  6 and  looked like i clearly beat the  crown so i  took my time  putting on my waders .....rather glad i did it apperas a mouse had used my wadeing shoes as a  bedroom and toilet  ...so  after   empting that out i  got dressed and  walked  to the  stream ...it had  come up and was  stained :'(  after  a  few  cast the  fish  started to respond and  i was  all smiles ..... it's funny how  some  people  make a  impression on us and  when i hooked this  guy my mind  though of  river rat 

now i'm no expert rat but my  guess is  this  is a carpenters brook fish hatchery  delievered  by truck strain .....but  he was  pretty and  fun  and  ireally  did thinkof  you   :)

after  that i  noticed  the water  started  to  clear  and i never  had that happen  before  but the  stain  got less  and  the  fishing was  good ...i started noticeing  some  mayflies  in the  air  then seen  some  rings in a pool .......ahhhhhhhh my  first 3  of the  year on  drys  came .....nothing specialasize  14 addams ..... then  the realunexpected  i had  not seen a  black  fly   this  year  untill  today  and  when they appeared they were in numbers and  hungry ...i decided to call it a  day and  walked  out   ...last  cast i  got this  colorful  little  brown  and that was the  perfect ending  to my trip today ....

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3166 on: Apr 30, 2016, 03:54 PM »
Sounds like it was a fun morning, Trap.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

trapper2000

« Reply #3167 on: May 01, 2016, 01:41 PM »
fishing you would have  enjoyed watching me today! i woke up at 430 this morning grabbed a cup of coffee and headed to the stream .....i can proudly say i was the first one on the water.....almost!!!!

i waded out to a nice current edge and  started  drifting a nymph ...after a few smallish fish i was feeling my oats  ......then out of the  corner of my eye i seen movement  so i turned to see a big raccoon about 3 foot away   swimming accross the creek ...well i seen him  he seen me and all  h--- broke loose .....i steped back and  turned on  slippery rocks and even with corkers i went  for a swim ...the raccoon as surprized   as i was tried to turn and swim agaist the current ....it didn't workwell for him ......in all honesty we  did not look like a  dyed in the wool flyfisherman and a  wild raccoon at all i think we resembledthe old monkey and foot ball.....  i was splashing the coon was splashing ...finally i got upand  mr coon made it to the other side.....where he  walked the shore line slowlylooking at me and i at him ......now i'm soaked and cold i walked back to the car and  stripped down putting on the  dry cloths i carry  mumbling profanitys and laughing at my foolishness  as i returned to the stream i seen mr coon one more tome  he had a  green and white bobber that waslost by someone  in the  brush .......  i did well on the  trout after but my mind would  drift to my swim  and i'd chuckle  again ........

life is really good ...thank you God ....

perchgypsy

« Reply #3168 on: May 01, 2016, 05:51 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: dam trap that's a good story...thanks for sharing that ...coon got the best of ya

filetandrelease

« Reply #3169 on: May 02, 2016, 06:36 AM »

Cool story Trapp , glad you didn't get banged up from the fall we don't heal as quick as we use to

trapper2000

« Reply #3170 on: May 02, 2016, 11:25 AM »
I was more worried about getting bit  :rotflol:

my flyrod didn't get hurt lol

filetandrelease

« Reply #3171 on: May 02, 2016, 12:26 PM »
I knew the rod was safe seems like when we fall that arm is always up in the air or tossed out of way of the falling zone , far as the coon I'm sure he was worried if you had all your shots   :o
I'll have to tell ya about the beaver in the stream with me , and the next time you talk to KP ask him how release called a nice Tom over the weekend

trapper2000

« Reply #3172 on: May 02, 2016, 06:29 PM »
wheres RG been????

trapper2000

« Reply #3173 on: May 02, 2016, 06:31 PM »
had a;ot of beaver come close  wadeing  crappie fishing at night .....not really a frendly animal

KingPerch

« Reply #3174 on: May 02, 2016, 06:58 PM »
wheres RG been????
he's working on getting a small business up and running with his son. I'm sure he'll surface at some point. I wanna see pictures of their woodwork! 😊

You quit messin' with those coons....their family to the OGGO POGGO bud! 😄
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3175 on: May 02, 2016, 07:34 PM »
I wish I could have watched that, Trap.  Great story.  Made me smile.  ;D

The thought of you thrashing in the water brought me back to a lesson I learned many years ago fishing with my grandfather, even though no raccoon was involved. We were fishing along a river one summer day after some thunderstorms the day before. The water was stained and higher than normal.  There was a downed tree that ran from the bank out with its root ball on the edge of the current. I knew it held a brown, but the only way I could see to fish it was to walk the log to get to the roots. Well, I fell off into the drink.  I was thrashing and swimming for all I was worth when I heard,  "Are you all right? "
I managed to get out a "yeah" in the midst of the struggle to save my own life.  
"Well then stop that thrashing around and stand up!  You're gonna scare the fish! "
I put my feet down and stood up in water that wasn't knee deep.  I never forgot that, and I've told people through the years to "Just stand up! "   ::)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

perchgypsy

« Reply #3176 on: May 02, 2016, 09:04 PM »
Lol ...just stand up
with a name like trapper you would think a coon and beaver is your main deal
well my name isn't trapper but I've handled a couple nasty beavers in my day  :w00t: :w00t:

trapper2000

« Reply #3177 on: May 03, 2016, 07:53 AM »
growing upon salmon river and little salmon i have had a little experace  standing  back up after slipping

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3178 on: May 03, 2016, 05:57 PM »
I'm around keeping an eye on y'all. KP's correct. I'm up to no good again.

Guess you're never to old for foolishness ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #3179 on: May 04, 2016, 04:26 AM »
about time you made a appearance ya know

;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.