FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 559543 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3195 on: May 13, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Dang Trap, that looks great. Nearly kept a few rockbass today. Problem is, I don't know if you guys are serious about them or if it's a long standing prank to get people to eat crow  :P

honest to God  matty I  keep  rock bass and  they are  one of my  most favorite  fish  filleted  and  deep  fried  mmmmmmmmm try it  you'll love  it
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

perchgypsy

« Reply #3196 on: May 14, 2016, 07:46 AM »
Few years back I  caught  the occasional rock bass in canadarago lake while perch fishing,only time I ever kept a few ,
filet them along side yellow perch and nobody spit any out,couldn't tell the difference
really not sure if I ate them or another guy at my card game ,but like I said nobody knew a difference

big_guy_13021

« Reply #3197 on: May 15, 2016, 07:11 AM »
Matty rockbass are good I deep fry them to..there just like a panfish..only thing different is the strip of meat is bigger than most gills thicker.try a few there good

skinny40

« Reply #3198 on: May 15, 2016, 08:03 AM »
Rock bass are good! I take them all. Blue gills, pumpkin seeds and rock bass are all the same. They clean better than pumpkin seeds and are bigger. My friend takes all the small bass out the ice home too and says if there caught thru ice there good. I chuck them back but to be honest...I would rather have a bucket of red eyes over a bucket of perch. Breaded or battered and fried and dunked in hot sauce. I just love my pan fish. If your catching a lot of rock bass and not keeping them let me know where. I will come and thin them out for you. Lol

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #3199 on: May 15, 2016, 06:41 PM »
Rockies are real good......
If you ate a smaller one with plate of gills you'd never know the difference. The bigger ones just as good but you know they're not gills......it's almost Rockie time on sodus bay and a blast fishing for them. Try it.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

MattyP123

Re: old f
« Reply #3200 on: May 16, 2016, 06:21 PM »
Ok I'll have to give them a try! Has there been a thread on here along the lines of "hey fly guys, what's hatching?" ? Nothing to specific to ones home stretch of water If they don't  want to reveal, but by county or by DEC regions..

trapper2000

« Reply #3201 on: May 16, 2016, 06:51 PM »
different hatches  can happen  anywhere watch the water  ...some  Addams, olives  cahills will get you threw most  and  have  some  caddis  flies with you hendricksons  are  big at times  on the  catskill streams ....I usually match  when I see  the  hatch ...tip  carry a  few  sharpie markers

MattyP123

« Reply #3202 on: May 21, 2016, 04:03 PM »
Did some stocky bashing on Fall and Salmon creeks today

Managed a bunch of cookie cutter brookies, a few decent browns and a rainbow. All on dries. Dumb stockies but hey, they fought angry and the variety was nice  ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #3203 on: May 21, 2016, 05:03 PM »
matty  you seem  to be having a  great  year ^5 ....you know  stocked  or  not  catching  trout on  drys  takes  some skill .... and I have to tell you I fished  a lot  of back country streams  and the  natives  weren't to bright either

MattyP123

« Reply #3204 on: May 21, 2016, 05:27 PM »
I've come a long way since I started fly fishing last summer trap  ;). Thanks to you, RG and the great folks on here  :bowdown:

trapper2000

« Reply #3205 on: May 22, 2016, 11:22 AM »
well.... I think that's what this site is all about is  sharing ,learning from each other and having a few  laughs along the way , makes me feel good that you are  enjoying yourself :thumbup_smilie:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3206 on: May 22, 2016, 05:47 PM »
Had some fun with the smallies and gills on the fly this morning.

Just an hour or so on the backyard stream.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #3207 on: May 22, 2016, 06:31 PM »
about time  old  boy   ;D glad  ya  got  the  stink off  ya ....enjoy

oatkasut

« Reply #3208 on: May 22, 2016, 06:39 PM »
I didn't know you fished!Great to see that you got out and tried that homemade bait.

MattyP123

« Reply #3209 on: May 22, 2016, 09:39 PM »
about time  old  boy   ;D glad  ya  got  the  stink off  ya ....enjoy

x2

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.