FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 559954 times)

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3045 on: Aug 26, 2015, 03:34 PM »
I remember work. It always got in the way of fishing.  :-\

Found out the other day that the company I worked for went down the tubes.

Rg

Rg,

As for your first statement, it reminds me of something an Ol' timer I used to work with would say... "Damned work interferes with everything I like to do!"  :D

As for the second... I'm glad for you that you got out in time Bud. I've lost two manufacturing jobs in my lifetime to downsizing or plant closings. My Mrs. lost her manufacturing job of 21 yrs. shortly afterward when her plant closed. I went back to school and earned a Business degree but it hasn't helped much... we're now getting by on half what we used to earn but we worked hard to pay things off early before the crash so we're still able to enjoy the simple pleasures of life like hunting and fishing... I guess life's not so bad after all. I'm just glad I'm not a young person trying to start out in today's world... man, it's gotta be tough!  :(

WK

Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3046 on: Aug 26, 2015, 06:27 PM »
Gotta tell you, I'm tired of hearing how tough it is for young folks starting out. Ain't no tougher than when my Bride and I married and started raising our family. No tougher than when my parents started a family either. We worked our butts off to provide for them. It's what parents do.

We've kept things simple most of our lives and enjoyed the simple pleasures. Avoided a lot of stress along the way.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #3047 on: Aug 26, 2015, 07:28 PM »
Life is good! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #3048 on: Aug 27, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Gotta tell you, I'm tired of hearing how tough it is for young folks starting out. Ain't no tougher than when my Bride and I married and started raising our family. No tougher than when my parents started a family either. We worked our butts off to provide for them. It's what parents do.

We've kept things simple most of our lives and enjoyed the simple pleasures. Avoided a lot of stress along the way.

Rg

Well, I know for fact there were A LOT more manufacturing jobs available when I started out than there are now. That was before foreign competition came along. All one needed was a high school diploma and a will to work to land a decent job. It's definitely not that way anymore.

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3049 on: Aug 27, 2015, 06:24 PM »
With all respect, manufacturing is only one segment of our economy. As you stated, the will to work is most often the determining factor. I earned a living in one form or another for near 55 years if I include my paper route. I could and can always find work.......if I want to. Anyone who says they can't.........simply won't.

My soap box is very worn out. I can feel the slats bending as I type.

Funny thing is, this never entered my mind this afternoon while I was fly fishing or this morning when I was canning up some pickled green tomatoes.

Life is good Larry ;D
Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #3050 on: Aug 27, 2015, 07:48 PM »
I'd hire an ol Fart like you in a heart beat Bob! Because, you would work! You could put most young guns to shame! The want to work or hardworking ethics are near gone these days.....awful depressing!  :-\

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3051 on: Aug 28, 2015, 06:29 AM »
These days I'd have to take my nap around 11 am or so before I could get back at it ;D

My Grandson says I'm "The Nap King" .

Rg

KingPerch

« Reply #3052 on: Aug 28, 2015, 02:35 PM »
I could let that hour nap fall in with your lunch break.... ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3053 on: Aug 28, 2015, 06:40 PM »
Half hour is good. I ain't that old yet ;D

Rg

KingPerch

« Reply #3054 on: Aug 28, 2015, 07:38 PM »

Rg
:rotflol:

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #3055 on: Aug 29, 2015, 07:50 AM »

Rg
I am up to an hour for my naps,then i can go for about 3hrs more
but on that last 3 hr, i can not do the fire wood thing,got to do that
in the A.M
 ;D ;D ;D
rat
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Gump

« Reply #3056 on: Aug 30, 2015, 05:20 PM »
Hey Gump,
I'd sure like to see what flies you were tossing.

Rg

Sorry for the delayed response...was on a little vacation.

For those smallies in the Genny, early in the morning, they took a white gurgler cast close to wood and rocks.  After the sun rose, crayfish pattern.

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3057 on: Aug 30, 2015, 10:24 PM »
well yes  when we wereyoung we always could find work ... that's true and i'msure  you could always find something to do for pay today ,difference is  could you make a living at it?..... I see people  ,good people  having it harder and harder .....it's not like it was when I was a kid or when I was first married  ....it's simply tougher out there today ....between less jobs ...cost of living ...taxes ...health care ....and no job security ...I've seen  GE ,carrior ,chyslers new prosses gear nestles  millers  owens and 100 more  gone ......RG truth is  we got lucky  we had  what we had when we did ...kids now  will not have the opportunitys  that we had ....basicly  government taxed industry  to the point it left.....that's not to say  to give up looking and  tring it's to say you have to look and try harder ... ok enough of this ...I been busy   enjoying mixing my fishing and motorcycle riding and been having a ball country roads  trout streams  in low water conditions trips to my favorite panfish and smallie factorys  .....been a fun time so far
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3058 on: Aug 31, 2015, 03:03 AM »
Nice,  Gump!  I'm heading down tomorrow. Conditions have to be perfect right now. Thanks!

I hit the backyard stream yesterday morning. Some fun smallies, rockys and gills. Took a shot at a few carp. Had a couple lookers but no takers. Probably a good thing. I was using the 3 wt. Should have taken more dry flies with me.

Rg

chrony59

« Reply #3059 on: Aug 31, 2015, 07:46 AM »
well yes  when we wereyoung we always could find work ... that's true and i'msure  you could always find something to do for pay today ,difference is  could you make a living at it?..... I see people  ,good people  having it harder and harder .....it's not like it was when I was a kid or when I was first married  ....it's simply tougher out there today ....between less jobs ...cost of living ...taxes ...health care ....and no job security ...I've seen  GE ,carrior ,chyslers new prosses gear nestles  millers  owens and 100 more  gone ......RG truth is  we got lucky  we had  what we had when we did ...kids now  will not have the opportunitys  that we had ....basicly  government taxed industry  to the point it left.....that's not to say  to give up looking and  tring it's to say you have to look and try harder ... ok enough of this ...I been busy   enjoying mixing my fishing and motorcycle riding and been having a ball country roads  trout streams  in low water conditions trips to my favorite panfish and smallie factorys  .....been a fun time so far
Well said Trapper ..............I agree 100% maybe if we elect the right person for president we will get some manufacturing jobs back  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.