FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Halibut  (Read 3236 times)

NMSBob

Re: Halibut
« Reply #15 on: Jun 10, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Hi, new guy here

Great catch, thats some fine eating, hope you kept the cheeks and throat. Good meat there. I have seen two atlantic halibut in 20 years, in fact I was standing next to the guys that caught them but no joy for me:)
They seem to be making abit of a slow comeback as the last few years there have been an increasing  number caught.

Bob

guinea

« Reply #16 on: Jun 11, 2010, 07:07 AM »
Wow! Nice catch! That would wear my little arms right out!
Congrats (and the pool was a plus too, eh?)!

Keith from Nebraska: Doesn't matter where you're from; that sound like a nice flavor. Never thought to use lime juice on fish...why not? I use lemon...it's not far off.

Keith Walters

« Reply #17 on: Jun 11, 2010, 07:15 AM »
Just a note, it's "Roses" lime juice which is very sweet, almost like syrup .  I think that makes a big difference over "lime juice".

Happy eating!

Keith

surflizard

« Reply #18 on: Jun 11, 2010, 07:29 AM »
You slammed em buddy, a barn door and the pool !! WTG Mikey! :bowdown: :thumbup_smilie:

billlazar69

« Reply #19 on: Jun 11, 2010, 07:44 AM »
congrats on getting a once in a lifetime fish ive fished the ocean with different charter boats and even a couple time on the yankee fleet and have never seen a halibut never even heard of anyone even catching one only seen pic from 20 30 years before well anyway congrats

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #20 on: Jun 11, 2010, 01:45 PM »
CONGRATS Mikey, thats AWESOME!!!!

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

hook-set

« Reply #21 on: Jun 11, 2010, 02:05 PM »
that is absolutly awesome i have fantasized many times about hooking up with a halibut but the odds of it are real slim not alot of those guys lurking around this far south ...not only did you get the rarest catch and the pool ..but you saved 5 grand ..now you don't have to go to alaska to catch a halibut .thats awesome mike !!!!!!
   i know you hit the charter boats alot and you absolutly deserve it mike !!!!!!!!congrats !!!
                    bob

Mikey

« Reply #22 on: Jun 11, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Thanks again fellas. That recipe for the grill marinade was really nice. Wife especially liked it. Thanks Keith Walters.

lavaman

« Reply #23 on: Jun 12, 2010, 05:41 AM »
wow what a cool looking fish. they look a little different than the pacific version and yes they do give a good fight. caught a 60lber in alaska. do you know if they are making a comeback?

PDubs/NH

« Reply #24 on: Jun 12, 2010, 07:20 AM »
A day late on this one...but just wanted to say GREAT FISH!!!  Truly could be a once in a lifetime catch! WTG.

Rob F.

• Quit Wishin, Go Fishing!!!
« Reply #25 on: Jun 12, 2010, 07:59 AM »
Caught this 41 pounder yesterday. What a blast out on the Yankee Capts. Fish of a lifetime.

Way to go Mikey!!!!

big lou

« Reply #26 on: Jun 13, 2010, 07:14 AM »
wow mike thats great you don't see many halibut around for us to fish the draggers get a lot of them now. my son caught a small one about four years ago out on jefferies.i'm definitly jealous i want to go to alaska on a trip so bad thats just about the last thing i hav'nt caught yet.way to go man.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.