FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: schoharie creek walleyes  (Read 7316 times)

mrfish365

Re: schoharie creek walleyes
« Reply #15 on: Aug 19, 2010, 02:18 PM »
i caught 2 there last night

@ 161 ?

fishandy

« Reply #16 on: Aug 19, 2010, 02:43 PM »
i was with a buddy dont really no where i was

mrfish365

« Reply #17 on: Aug 19, 2010, 02:47 PM »
keepers?

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #18 on: Aug 19, 2010, 05:22 PM »
well sure enoughi called it!i came camera scale and net equipped and caught 2 dinks .1 for dad and one for me.i did have 2 nice ones on but of course they spit the hook after a short fight.my dad said well thats fishing we were do for a slow night.o well ill be back in about a week.we wanna give them time to calm down a lil.camera is comin everytime from now on so pics will be posted when available.

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #19 on: Aug 21, 2010, 08:35 PM »
well i decided to wait for a week but my buddies went without me and got skunked.lol.i wouldnt have it anyother way.hopefully it gets a few days rest and come to find out my buddies brought a stringer so it looks like ill have to clean out the hole.

iceplank

« Reply #20 on: Aug 21, 2010, 09:01 PM »
hows the water level in the creek lookin?  ... i think im going to a little exploring this weekend.
really low around mohawk and  low in esperence tonight. you can always find deeper stretches if you look hard enough though.

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #21 on: Aug 21, 2010, 09:24 PM »
the lower the better less water for those fish to hide in right?im goin tomorrow even with a rainy forecast.The fish are already wet.

Chainsaw

« Reply #22 on: Aug 22, 2010, 03:45 AM »
I've gotten some bodacious Tiger Muskies out of there too on thunderstiks and Dardevils.

iceplank

« Reply #23 on: Aug 22, 2010, 07:48 AM »
if you can find the holes, like you have, yeah im guessing low is ok also. the fish have to concentrate somewhere right? i have heard of the tigers in there. its amazing how the fish thrive in there.i mean i have seen it almost bone dry all summer and pound great fat fish out of there come fall.the walleyes are cool looking. very similiar to the natives in the genesse river in western ny. long and sleek with fat heads big eyes and wavey tails also. i usually only hit it from sept till halloween time, may hit the schoharie this week though. anyone ever eat those things? i know they are delicious out of the mohawk but thats deeper and somewhat cooler

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #24 on: Aug 22, 2010, 12:40 PM »
i havent tried any yet because the rush of hooking and fighting them and letting them go to do it another day seems beter than a nice meal.ive never had an adrenaline rush over dinner,but as i sadi before my buddies are goin equipped with a stringer so im sure i will try them soon :-\

mrfish365

« Reply #25 on: Aug 23, 2010, 11:34 AM »
fished a few spots saturday morning, worked my way down from mill point to schoharie... although no walleye caught a lot of SMALLmouths... got some exercise... had fun

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #26 on: Aug 25, 2010, 04:52 PM »
thats always fun.exersise and fishing and catchin a few in the dogs days of summer.Cant beat it

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #27 on: Aug 28, 2010, 08:23 PM »
well i have been watching the creek lower daily and it is now time to try again.i kinda wanted to try it while it was a bit high just to see if the hogs were feeding on the wash down.ill have a lure in the water at 6 so i will bring the camera and net and let you guys know how it goes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.