FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084018 times)

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4395 on: Sep 21, 2011, 01:47 AM »
COMBAT FISHING AT IT'S FINEST :wacko: :cookoo:

hey ik were that is lol. your right were i usually stand when i fish there lol
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4396 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:41 AM »
  Been busy getting things done...yesterday the guys from here that fished in Pulaski said it was a slow morning, but as has been the case recently mid afternoon turned out really good...good hook up numbers again at the lb..,staircase and ball park, just groups of coho's, some kings and a few big trout...somebody said something about the coho's blasting upriver...yep fly zone and hatchery are loaded now....leaving parts of the upper river with empty holes in the coho run...

In Scotts defense...dsr has had a harder time sugar coating there reports with live mobile internet feeds this year telling you it sucks or it's great...i'm still trying to get a feel to what they say and what we see up river.........

Alot of moisture building in different parts of the country..wonder how much will be headed this way the next few days?.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4397 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:43 AM »

Been busy getting things done...yesterday the guys from here that fished in Pulaski said it was a slow morning, but as has been the case recently mid afternoon turned out really good...good hook up numbers again at the lb..,staircase and ball park, just groups of coho's, some kings and a few big trout...somebody said something about the coho's blasting upriver...yep fly zone and hatchery are loaded now....leaving parts of the upper river with empty holes in the coho run...

Thanks Shane, I love reading the reports it gets me itching to get right back up there!!!

When does the hatchery open up to start processing the fish? Are there certain dates that they do it?

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

« Reply #4398 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:45 AM »
Thanks Shane, I love reading the reports it gets me itching to get right back up there!!!

When does the hatchery open up to start processing the fish? Are there certain dates that they do it?

after the water temp drops below 54 degrees....  the eggs won't be loose til it hits that level for a bit...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4399 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:59 AM »
it aint combat fishing till everyone is elbow to elbow

fishingjason

« Reply #4400 on: Sep 21, 2011, 10:00 AM »
I fished yesterday all. day. Sorry I missed you Stormy!
I basically moved a bunch but fished low for the most part. There were fish everywhere but numbers were sporadic. The deeper pools had pods of Cohos. Like Snagger said, the fish didn't move much until everyone packed it up around 6pm. I encountered a photo problem with my multimedia phone pictures. I'll post some when it's fixed. Got my first Lake run Brown for the season.

Good luck to all!

bcons

« Reply #4401 on: Sep 21, 2011, 10:38 AM »
Fished Staircase this morning.  Couple moved, but not many.  Plenty to hookup with if you know where to look.  Almost everyone near me hooked up more than once in the 2 hrs I was there.  The guys "sight fishing" or waiting for the runs, did just that waited.  It appeared about half of the fish that did move up, weren't running "up", but rather screaming outa the area after breaking someone off.
I went up for a bit, just to check it out.  Not much above Trestle.  From what a friend told me who was out this morning, midriver was the same, just holding in pools.
Good luck!
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

gatorsin09

« Reply #4402 on: Sep 21, 2011, 10:39 AM »
spent the day picking up and getting my stuff back in order. Also switched my 8wt fly rod from mono to running line. The mono was nice and cheap to get me started but it was horrible for mending the line and when I was doing long casts. It would work perfect for those short little chucks every does when you're arm to arm but I dont really have a desire to do that. The dsr was a blast on monday, heading back up tomorrow hoping the rain will bring more in. Probably will stick to ball park and staircase? Might think about spending the 45 again but was thinking about waiting until next week when itll be really full. It stinks because I cant seem to find a report about where fish are until 9am most days, so I suit up at one place,find no fish,then have to cover myself in garbage bags to not ruin my car then head lower haha. good times

bcons

« Reply #4403 on: Sep 21, 2011, 10:41 AM »
Bcons u were at the ballpark right...lol i seen the same guy i was the fat guy with tan waders and a camo hat fishing the hole up top

Yup BP  ;)   Saying you're the fat guy on the river doesn't help silly.  2X is prob the average shirt size.   ;D
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

bass on

« Reply #4404 on: Sep 21, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Yup BP  ;)   Saying you're the fat guy on the river doesn't help silly.  2X is prob the average shirt size.   ;D
i guess im an over achiever....3x....lol

ct boy

« Reply #4405 on: Sep 21, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Or the lady that was with him that had alot of lead on and just letting it sit on the bottom. After the 3 or 4 birds nest she decide to take a seat and watch

fishingjason

« Reply #4406 on: Sep 21, 2011, 01:24 PM »
I hear you on the no reports till 9am.
That's the whole gamble on the river. Where do we start. They were here yesterday and were on the move so they should be ????? this morning? I think Pulaski's vehicle traffic is busiest from 9am - 10am during salmon season due to lots of anglers trying to find the hot spot.  That is a definate postive about the first light fishing on the DSR-They are usually there in the mornings.

Fetzer1

« Reply #4407 on: Sep 21, 2011, 03:45 PM »
I hear you on the no reports till 9am.
That's the whole gamble on the river. Where do we start. They were here yesterday and were on the move so they should be ????? this morning? I think Pulaski's vehicle traffic is busiest from 9am - 10am during salmon season due to lots of anglers trying to find the hot spot.  That is a definate postive about the first light fishing on the DSR-They are usually there in the mornings.
this year has been that way so far, but remember, it's mostly coho runs so far. Always hard to try and nail them buggers down. More often than not I have sat in DSR and the fish just wouldn't come out of the estuary, or they moved in overnight and I was behind them. You can always catch fish there, but the odds of hit or miss on a major push is much higher. Once the fish do push into the river you can usually figure out where on the river they are. This is the first year we are getting live updates from the river. I was there saturday looking over my left shoulder at the manager of the DSR. He wasn't BS'ing about the lights out fishing one bit.

neilc

« Reply #4408 on: Sep 21, 2011, 03:57 PM »
COMBAT FISHING AT IT'S FINEST :wacko: :cookoo:

That ain't combat fishin,
Combat fishin you are 4 - 5 ft from the guys on either side of you, then someone else slips in,
that's combat fishin,,,,,

SNAGGER

« Reply #4409 on: Sep 21, 2011, 05:38 PM »

WOW!!! .... can't wait til a 9am report....how did we ever do it back in the day before cell phones... :blink: :blink:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.