FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 624807 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #1740 on: Mar 16, 2014, 10:55 AM »
You're into the baitfish patterns very seriously eh? They look great.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Gump

« Reply #1741 on: Mar 16, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Yeah RG, been targeting larger species last couple years with the fly....bass, pike, and the lake run salmonoids.  Minnows are a big part of their diet so it only makes sense. I am also fortunate enough to travel once in a while and dabble in saltwater where minnow patterns make up a big part of most fly boxes.  Hope to do some open water casting for Spring shoreline browns here around the piers and jetties in the coming weeks as the water warms and the browns go binge eating  8)

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1742 on: Mar 16, 2014, 08:16 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RG....
I hope it was a good one and I hope you have many more....

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1743 on: Mar 17, 2014, 02:32 AM »
Thanks Dom!

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #1744 on: Mar 17, 2014, 06:37 AM »
Same here RG.  You got me by 9 months.  Looking forward to joining you in June to put the hammer on the sheepshead!!

oatkasut

« Reply #1745 on: Mar 17, 2014, 10:50 AM »
love those buggers RG and happy birthday too! :) :) :)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1746 on: Apr 23, 2014, 03:58 AM »
I know you guys are tying........ ???

Here's some of this year's additions to my warm water arsenal

RG

77 more work days till retirement ;D

3 DOT

« Reply #1747 on: Apr 23, 2014, 07:16 AM »
Frugal city.....yeah, you could say that. I cringe when I have to pay 4 bucks for a tiny plastic bag of what I just made for fractions of a penny. Some things you just have to buy. Dubbing for carp and panfish flies.....I don't think so.

Looks like fun Bart. Beats hell out of our current conditions :-\ I bought a Taylor Grand Auditorium

This very Guitar

It's real nice!

RG
You don't play and listen to the stoner music like Hippie Pete do you ?  :D
I didn't know you played !     I have 2 Taylors sitting here.   A 910-L7 Presentation and an 814 Grand Auditorium.  Both Brazilian Rosewood .
   I actually like the 814 better than the 910 so the 910 is on the block !    All said and done, my 1976 Yamaha FG-345 blows both Taylors away !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1748 on: Apr 23, 2014, 03:46 PM »
Nah, I wear socks.
 I hadn't played in 30 years. Can't really say I "played" back then, or now for that matter. But I really enjoy picking around and even singing for my Bride. She appreciates me.  ;D

My Taylor is very comfortable for me. Perhaps I'll out grow it someday, but I doubt it.

RG

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1749 on: Apr 23, 2014, 08:42 PM »
Calftails and bucktails in the vise tonight... for panfish and trout...
Pay no attention to the colors, they are just random.  ::) ::) ;D

MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

3 DOT

« Reply #1750 on: Apr 23, 2014, 09:06 PM »
Nah, I wear socks.
 I hadn't played in 30 years. Can't really say I "played" back then, or now for that matter. But I really enjoy picking around and even singing for my Bride. She appreciates me.  ;D

My Taylor is very comfortable for me. Perhaps I'll out grow it someday, but I doubt it.

RG
Those GA 324 Taylors are great !  Nice size, big booming sound and affordable !
 Maybe when you get into your retirement mode, we can burn a few hundred pallets and play a few songs ! ;D ;D ;D

3 DOT

« Reply #1751 on: Apr 23, 2014, 09:07 PM »
Calftails and bucktails in the vise tonight... for panfish and trout...
Pay no attention to the colors, they are just random.  ::) ::) ;D

Seeing how I'm legally blind, I'd hope a few of those would be headed north on Rt 81 real soon !  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1752 on: Apr 24, 2014, 02:59 AM »
Those GA 324 Taylors are great !  Nice size, big booming sound and affordable !
 Maybe when you get into your retirement mode, we can burn a few hundred pallets and play a few songs ! ;D ;D ;D
Yeah, it's got a nice bright sound. Even for an old finger picker like me. I'll bring the marshmallows ;D

Nice Jay! I have to tie some up myself. I found some 1/64 oz jig heads a while ago and thought I'd tie some crappie colors for the fly stick. They're filling the canal and I should be able to get the boat on this weekend. If not, I'm gonna row the "Toon" around the crappie beds.

RG

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1753 on: Apr 24, 2014, 09:07 AM »
Yeah, it's got a nice bright sound. Even for an old finger picker like me. I'll bring the marshmallows ;D

Nice Jay! I have to tie some up myself. I found some 1/64 oz jig heads a while ago and thought I'd tie some crappie colors for the fly stick. They're filling the canal and I should be able to get the boat on this weekend. If not, I'm gonna row the "Toon" around the crappie beds.

RG

I have been known to toss some jigs around on the flyrod RG. I have a spot that is a fast plunge pool type stream thats loaded with smallies in the summer. Crayfish colors on a 1/16 oz jig and chuck n duck!  ;D
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1754 on: Apr 24, 2014, 04:10 PM »
These shouldn't end up any heavier than most of the Clousers I toss. But, I'm wearing my wide brim straw hat just the same. It's saved my ears on more than one occasion ;D

I primed some with white this morning for a base coat.I'll do a few colors and then start tying.

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.