FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 626430 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #2550 on: Nov 20, 2015, 06:30 PM »
That's VISE Rat :-[

You could affix some magnets to your bench to solve your problem. They were around  $3 a pair at Lowes.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #2551 on: Dec 20, 2015, 04:37 AM »
I bought the same light rg it works great .I told Santa I wanted a new vise it didn't arrive yet ;D

big_guy_13021

« Reply #2552 on: Dec 20, 2015, 04:42 AM »
Hmmm at the bottom of the page I have a pop up first time ever on here its a Stephanie saying hey you wanna meet rg what u got going on here.I'll be barred from mmf my women is gonna think this is a pick up site... :D.lol she's gonna think it's drill night when its guys night out at the bar..just kidding but really pop ups..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2553 on: Dec 20, 2015, 04:59 AM »
You can click on the adchoices icon in the upper right corner and get rid of those types of ads.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

kc

« Reply #2554 on: Dec 29, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Awhile back someone mentioned show us your tying bench. Well finally got my cleaned up a little. It is a jewelers bench that my wife's Uncle had. It has a drawer just above the knee hole that is made of canvas with a wood frame. It was meant to catch the small parts from jewelry repair. It works really well to catch all the scrap from tying. I also have a chest of drawers that I keep some of my supplies in.
 Just rearranged my room so now I have a view of my backyard.   Not unusual to see deer and turkeys out there.

Bartman44

« Reply #2555 on: Dec 29, 2015, 07:09 PM »
looks great and love the view. You just need to start throwing some feathers and fur around to give it some love.

Gremlin

• there's one !!!
« Reply #2556 on: Dec 29, 2015, 07:18 PM »
Nice setup, love that bench.:) I have my fly tying supplies stashed in a couple of shoe boxes :-\

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2557 on: Dec 29, 2015, 08:34 PM »

hey gremlin, see that wooden fly tieing thing that holds the tools and stuff on KC's table, I have one made of cherry just like it, if you want it, just stop bye, I never use it.   I just clamp my vice too kitchen table theses days.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

kc

« Reply #2558 on: Dec 29, 2015, 09:24 PM »
That's my lap bench I made years ago. If you guys look close there are a half dozen purple stone flies sitting there waiting to be dunked in the Salmon River.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2559 on: Dec 30, 2015, 06:32 AM »
I got some awesome ice flies ,made out of peacock feathers, in the mail and they look great..   ;D
Tied some on a couple ice rods yesterday...  One above a Halie and one above a jig...
Now I need ice..

Thank you KC....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

kc

« Reply #2560 on: Dec 30, 2015, 08:04 AM »
I got some awesome ice flies ,made out of peacock feathers, in the mail and they look great..   ;D
Tied some on a couple ice rods yesterday...  One above a Halie and one above a jig...
Now I need ice..

Thank you KC....

Yup they were tied up right there.
Raquettedacker was nice enough to supply me with some of his peacock feathers. So I sent him some of my ice flies.

Dug1898

« Reply #2561 on: Dec 30, 2015, 09:43 AM »
It looks like you must be left handed KC ;D...i'm not; but my bench looked like that ONCE, nice and clean. ::)
I'll be moving soon, so I'll have to clean it... :o
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

rlowery

« Reply #2562 on: Dec 30, 2015, 11:25 AM »
I just finished moving into a new apt, and im finally getting around to setting up the fly tying station. This year it is even going to serve double duty as a rod building workshop too. I've been wanting to try it for a while, so I finally pulled the trigger. I'm going to try to post pics eventually if I can figure it out

Mac Attack

« Reply #2563 on: Dec 30, 2015, 01:01 PM »
I just finished moving into a new apt, and im finally getting around to setting up the fly tying station. This year it is even going to serve double duty as a rod building workshop too. I've been wanting to try it for a while, so I finally pulled the trigger. I'm going to try to post pics eventually if I can figure it out

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=769.0

kc

« Reply #2564 on: Dec 30, 2015, 02:31 PM »
It looks like you must be left handed KC ;D...i'm not; but my bench looked like that ONCE, nice and clean. ::)
I'll be moving soon, so I'll have to clean it... :o

Good observation. The only thing I do is write and tie flies left handed. I was a carpenter for 40 years, all right handed. I shoot right handed. Just can't work a pencil right handed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.