FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cross Lake/ Seneca River Thread  (Read 42664 times)

315angler4life

Re: Cross Lake/ Seneca River Thread
« Reply #135 on: Jun 28, 2013, 12:26 AM »
Johnny be jigging.... seems the past years all you catch is the darn pickarel out there ! Had one buddy land a 40" orther in a marina last year. I went out on cross lake with my buddy this past week. Landed one huge sheep head one small one on cut bait 2 silver perch, bunch of sunnies and 3 cats. One hit a green deep diving cracklin' rap. I couldn't be live a catfish hit a huge crank bait, had a whole trable buried in his mouth. It was super hot ad there were a ton of people on the lake, the boat and jet ski traffic def didn't help
"Fish tremble at the sound of my name"

jrroughrider

« Reply #136 on: Jul 05, 2013, 03:51 PM »
Tried to launch yesterday at my favorite spot and thought the dock was taken out. Much to my surprise I saw two kids walking on the water. They were actually standing on my launch dock six inches under water. Maybe next week I thought but these storms are torrential, maybe not.

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #137 on: Jul 07, 2013, 06:49 PM »
Just to put it out there,  there is a new bait shop on Emerson rd. 2nd house on the right as you come off 34. I go by it every day but haven't had a need to stop in. Its called Toms bait.

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #138 on: Jul 12, 2013, 02:25 PM »
Just to put it out there,  there is a new bait shop on Emerson rd. 2nd house on the right as you come off 34. I go by it every day but haven't had a need to stop in. Its called Toms bait.

Just stopped in and got some fatheads $1.00 a dozen, crawlers are $2.00 a dozen. Tom Applebee 315-246-3882 I know he opens at 6 on the weekends.

Fishseeker

« Reply #139 on: Jul 12, 2013, 02:44 PM »
Just stopped in and got some fatheads $1.00 a dozen, crawlers are $2.00 a dozen. Tom Applebee 315-246-3882 I know he opens at 6 on the weekends.
Those prices sound reasonable, and I'd love to have a bait shop in that area but when I just dialed that number, all I got was a message that "the mailbox is full, try again later".
Any idea how much crabs are per dozen there?

Fishseeker

« Reply #140 on: Jul 12, 2013, 03:09 PM »
Tom just called me back so he must have Caller ID because I couldn't leave a message. Crabs are $4 a dozen. You can also get a scoop of minnows for $6 he said

Bionicfisherman

« Reply #141 on: Mar 05, 2014, 02:14 PM »
Almost river fishing time again! who's ready?

johnny b jiggin

• "drop em down, crank em up, let em hang"
« Reply #142 on: Mar 05, 2014, 03:53 PM »
yee haw! I'm READY!  in fact, I just got an awesome little fishin boat....perfect for the river....14' Tracker side console.....trollin motor, fish finder, 40hp Merc......I'll be puttin her in at the DEC access under the 481 bridge out here in Clay......huntin for tigers, pike and eyez mostly.......

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

johnny b countindownthedays

smokemetallic

« Reply #143 on: Mar 05, 2014, 08:23 PM »
I'll be ready.  We put a hurting on the pike and tigers last year and hopefully will do even better this year. Looking forward to getting more consistent with the 'eyes also.

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #144 on: Mar 06, 2014, 04:32 AM »
Can't wait for spring craps from the yak

big_guy_13021

« Reply #145 on: Mar 18, 2014, 06:26 PM »
Drilled a hole at mayspoint...dropped a fathead down and got a few nice .crappies..

Braz315

« Reply #146 on: Mar 29, 2014, 05:37 AM »
Do you guys eat the fish you catch out of seneca river?  I live close to the river and would like to get after some fish this year.  Not sure what species to target?  I'm closer to Onondaga lake section.  I don't know how I would feel about eating fish so close to Onondaga.

Fishseeker

« Reply #147 on: Mar 29, 2014, 10:30 AM »
Do you guys eat the fish you catch out of seneca river?  I live close to the river and would like to get after some fish this year.  Not sure what species to target?  I'm closer to Onondaga lake section.  I don't know how I would feel about eating fish so close to Onondaga.
Upriver from the dam at Baldwinsville the fish should be OK. See the NYS Advisory for Onondaga Lake and the Seneca River downstream from Baldwinsville. I wouldn't eat any fish from that section- there are so many other places to get fish you don't have to worry about.

http://www.health.ny.gov/publications/2768.pdf

big_guy_13021

« Reply #148 on: Apr 01, 2014, 01:42 PM »
I been eating fish out of the senecsvrivrr for years..im still kicken ;D..

rhymobot

« Reply #149 on: Apr 12, 2014, 09:52 PM »
Hi guys. I stumbled upon this thread after seeing this spot on the map.

I'm going from Toronto to NYC for two weeks to visit a relative and do some fishing by inflatable east and north of the city. But on the way back, I want to do half the drive and fish one spot near Syracuse and crash at a hotel for the night and then fish another spot in the morning before I do the remainder of the drive home.

Reading up on the DEC's site, I see that there's a launch at the Bonita bridge. I have a 12 foot inflatable with 30 lb thrust trolling motor. Do you think that stretch of the Seneca is manageable for a boat like mine? Do you think it would be too far to go from there to Cross Lake with such a slow motor? Hard to tell just how far it is. And if I could make it that far, how is the chop usually in Cross Lake? I think it's only stay really close to where the river meets the lake.

Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.