FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Southern PA trout opener  (Read 1436 times)

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
Southern PA trout opener
« on: Mar 26, 2011, 07:35 AM »
It's only 1 week away for all you southern PA fishermen and women. How many of you head out with enthusiasm and how many of you travel south to be able to enjoy there early opener? Good luck to everyone who goes!

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
Re: Southern PA trout opener
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2011, 09:36 AM »
I live up north, so its not even worth my time...I only go because we have a lake that supports them with good fatty forage alewives and they get upwards of 8-9 lbs here...thats the only reason I purchase a trout stamp for this state. just my $0.02  :flag:
    A Country Boy can Survive!

ole sam

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Nope, I don't head south for trout either.  I like big browns on big lakes too.  Otherwise I'll stay up here and fish for crappies (if the ice ever melts off),
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

spudbar sam

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2011, 06:08 PM »
I live near Alentown and will head out for my 47th straight trout opener.  Not with alot of enthusiasm bt I will fish.

dmntd169

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2011, 08:03 PM »
I live up north, so its not even worth my time...I only go because we have a lake that supports them with good fatty forage alewives and they get upwards of 8-9 lbs here...thats the only reason I purchase a trout stamp for this state. just my $0.02  :flag:

I only buy the stamp cuz its cheaper than buying trout for bait over the winter  ;D ;D  (well that and the week to ten days I spend in Erie chasing chrome  ;) )

I'm doing what i did last year, knocking out my 5 at a creek by my parents and then throwing them in the livewell in the boat and heading to the Delaware for stripers or walleyes  ;D ;D ;D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2011, 07:03 AM »
excellent! bait and fertilizer are the only things those little slimy fish are worth!

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2011, 07:11 AM »
good thing trouts openning day up here does not start till the 16th...my lake is still froze over..cant even think of lauching a boat!

pocono

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2011, 10:39 AM »
I live close to both areas and allways look forward to the two openers,  Some very good fishing can be found in the lehigh valley, and trout fishing is a lot of fun.  I do seem to get more into it in the pocono area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.