FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures  (Read 151821 times)

Dispy

Re: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures
« Reply #615 on: May 14, 2015, 10:57 PM »
Our ice out season resulted in the 14 footer being placed into the water with a great running 'rude 6 hp motor, but the itch to get the boy's
Smoker Craft into the water was a priority. Prior to the lower unit replacement, the boys installed a new upper transom, fabricated a full transom stiffener, and after sitting in the shop for three months last season for a new lower unit install, the work was completed by the last day of the Salmon season-Last Year. Given that the motor sat uncovered, no cowling over the head, the starter collected water and resulted in a replacement, as well as the ethanol eaten fuel lines..so off for her maiden 2015 launch and the neutral position was engaged in the forward position.. GRRRRRRR.... a quick drop of the lower unit to re=install it in the correct shift position..it was off to the races. HAHA but not yet, as with any B-O-A-T ( break out another thousand), a maiden "paddle home" from the main lake was inevitable, the new starter lost the bendix shaft lock nut and the fuel tank fitting failed..........

Troutski and I did manage to get out and all things went smoothly.......a few pictures from a two hour troll....

14 for 16: all released!!!

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #616 on: May 15, 2015, 06:49 AM »
Nice job getting out, BIP.  :)

Dispy

« Reply #617 on: May 15, 2015, 09:42 PM »
Hit the lake for a few hours this afternoon, the winds changed direction and the bite turned on in a new area of the lake today. Water temps are at 67*f (cloudy conditions) and 72*f (bright sun). After posting an open seat invite on our facebook page, TreeguyMark stopped over for a couple hour troll. Downriggers and leadcores picked away at the rainbows.

A few from this evening's fishing: All fish were released

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

fisherhawk55

« Reply #618 on: May 17, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Nice trolling set up Tom and I can see it works great on taking trout  :thumbup_smilie:

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #619 on: May 19, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Nice job guys! That top pick looks vintage. Did you alter it?

Dispy

« Reply #620 on: May 21, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Nice job guys! That top pick looks vintage. Did you alter it?
No Sir Clams, that picture was taken by a BIP property owner from his three tier deck over-looking the water on the same day, unsure if he took it with a filter or I? was just too far out of focus.

Thanks guys, it really has fun being out on the water after missing last boating season as well as the hardwater season.

Dispy

« Reply #621 on: May 21, 2015, 07:44 PM »
After another open call for an evening troll...Steven Champa and I connected for a brief fishing adventure. Our newest spoons are really whacking the fish....

A few pictures from our adventure: If you do not know Steve, he is an accomplished hunter and fisherman and quite the character~~ for a young 20 year old!! .....Going 5 for 10 in two hours time. An evening sunset photo as well.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #622 on: May 21, 2015, 08:19 PM »
Nice job guys.

lavaman

« Reply #623 on: May 22, 2015, 12:21 PM »
great pictures Tom love the one with the trolling spread

Dispy

« Reply #624 on: May 23, 2015, 03:45 PM »
Brownbaggin and I hit the lake for a 6 hour troll, lost count after 50...great times on the water! Almost a fish every 15 minutes, sometimes two and three at a whack!

JIGGIN

« Reply #625 on: May 27, 2015, 03:09 PM »
haven't been on much this season but just stopped by to check out how all are doing.

See you and the boys still got it going on Dispy!

Nice pictures, thanks for posting.

Getting the fever myself now.
Go Go Get Em!

AquaAssassin

« Reply #626 on: May 27, 2015, 04:27 PM »
haven't been on much this season but just stopped by to check out how all are doing.

We want some copper pulling pics bro!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Dispy

« Reply #627 on: May 27, 2015, 09:00 PM »

Thanks JIGGIN. Seems as though it has become harder to round up the boys to get out on the water.....Both are now 16 & 17 and enjoying their freedoms as teenagers with driver licenses, bulking up for football, chasing turkey/deer and chasing members of the opposite sex.......

Dispy

« Reply #628 on: May 27, 2015, 09:00 PM »
We want some copper pulling pics bro!

Dispy

« Reply #629 on: May 27, 2015, 09:04 PM »
So I have been taking many fisherman out for their first experiences trolling with downrigger & planer boards in the absence of the BIP boys.......and have been enjoying seeing those individuals experience banner days.....a few pictures with Ben Gallo:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.