FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Herring are in  (Read 21447 times)

fishgalore

Re: Herring are in
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 11:36 PM »
Fishing on Monksville today. Wind  not as strong as monday but still hard to hold anchor. marking some fish in 85 feet just off the bottom think they are (lake trout) will have to try next time out if there is no wind.... I caught one walleye on monday  21" . saw one musky caught in the am and one caught around 2:30 from the boat ramp. north side.after no luck fishing the  weed line with herring. tired of fighting the wind so we tucked into a cove and fished herring between 30 and 44 ft. my buddy caught 2 nice small mouth bass 3 lbs. and a nice 4 lb.  not to be out done i got a hit on a large herring and was rewarded with a nice 7.lb walleye  28" lomg and 14 " girth.... greenwood lake sport's just got a fresh delivery of herring today go get mmmmm..........

Thats a nice waldo and pics?

loustru

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 02:38 PM »
 :D  Nice!!!!!!!

da-phish

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Fishing on Monksville today. Wind  not as strong as monday but still hard to hold anchor. marking some fish in 85 feet just off the bottom think they are (lake trout) will have to try next time out if there is no wind.... I caught one walleye on monday  21" . saw one musky caught in the am and one caught around 2:30 from the boat ramp. north side.after no luck fishing the  weed line with herring. tired of fighting the wind so we tucked into a cove and fished herring between 30 and 44 ft. my buddy caught 2 nice small mouth bass 3 lbs. and a nice 4 lb.  not to be out done i got a hit on a large herring and was rewarded with a nice 7.lb walleye  28" lomg and 14 " girth.... greenwood lake sport's just got a fresh delivery of herring today go get mmmmm..........
[
So,lake trout,has anyone caught one out of the place?? I know I marked fish down deep out towards the dam, I sent herring down deep and they came back up dead, gills flared, mouths wide open.It appears if as there is no Oxygen down deep. Congrats on the eye, awesome fish,was he over deepwater? Phish.

loustru

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 04:48 PM »
Here are some pictures in my photobucket of some of the browntrout we caught this spring in north jersey. I had to wait for my daughter to come from college to help me post  the pics. I'm the fat guy in the back of the boat. The first pic is of the two I caught today, sunday afternoon, a 2+3 lbs. the other pics are from may 1.

Robbieq16

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 09:01 AM »
Hey lou very nice fish my friend. Casting and blasting is fun nothing as big as ur fish tho keep it up pal

thunnus

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 09:45 AM »
http://berkleybigfish.com/bigfish/18937

here is a link to the picture.

delete this post i don't know how???[/glow]

thunnus

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 10:05 AM »

ratso

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 10:57 AM »
It's nice to see some one has cracked that nut. Good on you bud, nice Eye.

On the bottom or up off the bottom?

loustru

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 04:08 PM »
 ::) :( :o :)   I plan to give it a shot once the trout fishing slows down.Nice fish.  LOU.

fishgalore

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Here are some pictures in my photobucket of some of the browntrout we caught this spring in north jersey. I had to wait for my daughter to come from college to help me post  the pics. I'm the fat guy in the back of the boat. The first pic is of the two I caught today, sunday afternoon, a 2+3 lbs. the other pics are from may 1.

Nice fish!

fishgalore

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 04:17 PM »

bigfish

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 07:49 PM »
I want to thank thunnus for posting my walleye photo., and fishgalore for offering to post it too...
the fish was suspended around 20 ft. The fish are there with a little patients and a lot of luck monksville will give up a few nice fish....

fishthefalls123

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 09:12 PM »
nice walleye man. i cant wait to get out soon and hook into some myself. largest to date is a 7lbs 6ounce walleye out of lake hopatcong and a small rubber jig

Robbieq16

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 12:51 PM »
Casting and blasting have been paying off caught a few nice walleyes in greenwood lake 6lbs was the biggest also got a 5lbs hybrid striper awesome fighting fish those hybrids fright great

loustru

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 03:56 PM »
 :D :D :D :D  I'm eating the big walleye tonite for dinner. Thanks Robbie. Good eatin!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.