FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Herring are in  (Read 21449 times)

loustru

Re: Herring are in
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 03:58 PM »
 :o :o  Message to daphish, check your PMS. LOU>

dmntd169

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 04:20 PM »
Casting and blasting have been paying off caught a few nice walleyes in greenwood lake 6lbs was the biggest also got a 5lbs hybrid striper awesome fighting fish those hybrids fright great

One of the hardest fighting fish in f/w in my opinion...hopefully we get some decent weather this weekend and I'll finally get out after them  ;D ;D   and if they aren't biting I guess I'll have to settle for a limit of eyes

What can I say, Hopac has spoiled me the past few years  ;D ;D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

fishgalore

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 08:02 PM »
One of the hardest fighting fish in f/w in my opinion...hopefully we get some decent weather this weekend and I'll finally get out after them  ;D ;D   and if they aren't biting I guess I'll have to settle for a limit of eyes

What can I say, Hopac has spoiled me the past few years  ;D ;D

Word and evidence has it that you ought to do well at Hopat for BOTH, Walleyes and Wipers. Some hot night fishing for them there now. Heard the Walleyes were non-stop action.

ratso

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 12:13 PM »
I am not sure, the hybrid striper was caught in what lake? I know there are H-birds in Hopatcong, I did not know any were in Greenwood, which your post seems to imply. Please clarify this. Thanks.
 :o

Robbieq16

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 01:46 PM »
There r a handful of hybrids first one I have caught there and and the second I know of coming out of there

dmntd169

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2011, 03:05 PM »
I am not sure, the hybrid striper was caught in what lake? I know there are H-birds in Hopatcong, I did not know any were in Greenwood, which your post seems to imply. Please clarify this. Thanks.
 :o

I know a few guys who have gotten into them on Greenwood. No where near the numbers of them as in Hopac but they are in there (and Skunksville too  ;) )

Word and evidence has it that you ought to do well at Hopat for BOTH, Walleyes and Wipers. Some hot night fishing for them there now. Heard the Walleyes were non-stop action.

My buddies been sending me pics for a few weeks now. The only thing that has kept me off the past few weekends was the weather. Don't feel like driving 50 miles to potentially get hit with t-storms in an aluminum boat  :-\ :-\

loustru

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 07:54 PM »
I hit clinton res. today in the afternoon after work and managed one holdover brown on herring

sun was hot, fishing was slow,a beautiful day.

lou

bigfish

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 10:08 PM »
nice fat clinton brown . i like your setup old school with the strike guard on the rod  i got the same rod holders too. ...
not getting the permit this year money is tight but i can still get out for some trout on wawayanda. most of my summer fishing is on UGL.

Robbieq16

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2011, 10:01 AM »
At night time in hopatcon r u getting the hybrids on herring or r u using artificial lure and is the bite on now thinking of making a trip up there soon

fishgalore

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2011, 03:58 PM »
At night time in hopatcon r u getting the hybrids on herring or r u using artificial lure and is the bite on now thinking of making a trip up there soon

Pretty sure they were using jerk baits, artificials, not live bait!! If you watch webguys recent vids on LH catching wallys and wipers they were using artificials too!! Fishing was closer to shore too!

dmntd169

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2011, 04:23 PM »

To date I have 1 wiper on herring and 2 eyes....on artificials I lost count of how many limits of each  ;)   During the day its the exact opposite, atleast for me  ;) 

Its the only lake I've ever had constant success for eyes throwing topwater after dark but my go to baits are any type of shallow running stickbait worked SLOW! As slow as you can work them seems to produce best but its also a ton of fun working a zara spook fast and hearing multiple fish blow up on them  ;D ;D    I'm still amazed in all the hours myself and the guys I fish with have logged after dark we still have not hooked a single musky  ??? ???

Robbieq16

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 05:17 PM »
Yea we r throwing jerks and spooks and spitin image at night for the eyes no musky eathier at greenwood I have seen them trashing but no chasing. Night time is just awesome

dmntd169

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2011, 12:37 PM »
Yea we r throwing jerks and spooks and spitin image at night for the eyes no musky eathier at greenwood I have seen them trashing but no chasing. Night time is just awesome

yes it is  ;D ;D ;D

loustru

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2011, 08:16 PM »
 :D  Hit Merrill Creek on sat. with my friend Artie and 4doz. herring from B+B in Stanhope. We managed to boat 1keeper brown, rainbow and laker in the first 2 hrs.After that very slowwith only one more keeper laker and numerous stockies. Fished from 6am to 12 noon . Alot of boats out, thats fishing. Lou.

Robbieq16

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Good job lou

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.