FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mounting a fish finder transducer on a trolling motor?  (Read 10481 times)

TheDL

I want to mount a fish finder transducer on my trolling motor "arm" but I'm not sure how/if this is possible?  Just looking at it, it seems like it'll be a problem b/c with my trolling motor, when you raise and lower it, it slides "through a sleeve" as it comes up and that alone would cause issues with the wire from the transducer to the screen.

Anyone try this or have a tip for me?  I really don't want to try to drill/fish the wire throught the trolling motor pole to the bottom, but that's all I can think of. ???
tight lines....

BBK

TheDL

Re: Mounting a fish finder transducer on a trolling motor?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:58 AM »
BBK - thanks man- that's pretty much what I'm going for.   I still have a problem though, the wire needs to "wrap up" the trolling motor shaft to the boat deck (have a look at thier pic).  My trolling motor shaft slides through a tight collar as you raise it to the "out of water" resting position.  Anyone tried this?  What are you supposed to do with the wire?  My only idea is to run it through the center of the shaft of the motor "arm", but I don't want to drill holes in the trolling motor mount.
 ???
tight lines....

BBK

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 11:17 AM »
Run it on the outside, with a wire tie at the bottom and one at the top, then enough slack to move the shaft. When its up you will have to tuck it under or something, but thats the price you pay for those fancy motors.

TheDL

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 11:23 AM »
BBK - that seems pretty simple, maybe I'll give 'er a go.  thanks.
tight lines....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.