FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lowrance hds sonar settings  (Read 4545 times)

deerme

lowrance hds sonar settings
« on: Jun 17, 2011, 12:53 PM »
these are the settings i found to work the best for my while trolling.  if anyone has more input please provide!

the more you increase the scroll speed, the less of a fish arch you'll see.

also, be sure to select the right transducer under settings - sonar - installation - transducer.

and leave 'fishing mode' on whatever it's on.  as soon as you select a different option it will reset all of your other settings.

another thing -- when you upgrade your firmware to 4.0 you will lose all settings including your transducer!  so make a note of them first...

tracker 1

Re: lowrance hds sonar settings
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2011, 01:00 PM »
  Thanks I just bought one and just finished installing , will try and zero it in today.

DT5150

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2011, 01:17 PM »
great, thanks bud. can't wait to tinker with it. mine came with the 4.0 software so i'm all set there.

do you run yours in split screen, sonar/chart? or do you leave it in sonar most of the time?

deerme

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2011, 01:41 PM »
great, thanks bud. can't wait to tinker with it. mine came with the 4.0 software so i'm all set there.

do you run yours in split screen, sonar/chart? or do you leave it in sonar most of the time?

if i'm in an area i'm very familiar with, i leave it in full screen sonar.  otherwise, split screen sonary/chart.

another great feature is the overlaying of data.  all customizable.  on my sonar screen i have the depth, gps speed, water temp, time, and battery voltage.  you can move them wherever you want and size them to your liking.

DT5150

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2011, 01:54 PM »
yeah that's what i plan to do too. i think i'll probably leave it in split screen most of the time until i memorize some areas. i love how you can totally customize the overlay data. i'll have depth, speed, and temp i think. btw, is there 2 options for speed? i think i saw "water speed" somewhere. is that different than gps speed?

deerme

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2011, 02:23 PM »
SOG (speed over ground) is your GPS speed while 'water speed' is the speed from the transducer (if equipped).  don't think i've ever tried the water option....

DT5150

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2011, 02:43 PM »
oh, good to know! is that in the chart menu i'm guessing?

DT5150

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2011, 06:42 PM »
got to give it a good test today. man, i'm loving this thing! absolutely awesome. i'm sure i'll make little tweaks here and there along the way, but for the most part, i've got it pretty much set. the only thing i'll do is upgrade to navionics platinum+ or something. i didn't have any contour or depth map info for winnisquam, but i think it's got the data for winni. i won't know until i go. but it was great to mark fish or a bait ball on the gps, and then turn around and make multiple passes. i could also see my downrigger balls on the sonar which was nice too. i had only 2 hits. one miss and one small rainbow. at least i didn't get skunked..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.