FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: camping @ pathfinder or alcova  (Read 3775 times)

jopes

camping @ pathfinder or alcova
« on: Jul 28, 2011, 10:57 PM »
I have camped a few time at black beech on alcova, does pathfinder have similar camping sites with some shade and tables?

Planning on taking my kids there and trolling for some trout and walleyes if they cooperate.

307_BOWS

Re: camping @ pathfinder or alcova
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2011, 11:57 PM »
As far as the shade goes there are some trees sparsely planted around pathfinder, but not as many as at alcova. Also the camping facilities and boat ramps at pathfinder are not nearly the quality that alcova has. However pathfinder does have some good things going for it. I feel that pathfinder has better fishing especially considering the average size fish is larger than at alcova, and also there usually isn't the volume of people at pathfinder. If it were me i would choose pathfinder over alcova any day. The Weiss camp ground near the marina is probably going to be your best bet as far as shade and decent facilities. Hope this helps, and post how you do. Don't see many reports from around the casper area.

fishlord

• http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/rbfishlor
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Pathfinder does have some nice campgrounds with tables and huts,just not enough to go around most of the time,some not so close to water but some are.The fishing has really slowed down and probably will be slow untill the lake turns over.Its really mossy at this point.If your trolling you might get into a few out in the deep,we caught just a few last weekend at Bishops looking for eyes bottom bouncing but nothing in size and no eyes.heres a pic of some huts near the marina at Diabase area
Goodluck
Randy
Birdman

jopes

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2011, 10:16 PM »
great pathfinder is turning over as well.  Glendo has been doing the same and they seemed to stopped biting this week. 

As for crowdedness, I can camp during the week so I should not have much of a problem finding a place   :)

7lazy77

« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2015, 03:57 PM »
Sorry to bring up an old post, but I didn't want to start a new one if it wasn't needed.  I would like to camp & fish at either Pathfinder or Alcova for the Memorial Day weekend & was wondering how fast all the dry camping spots are taken up?  This would be my very first trip up there, so I am a little worried if I would be able to find a spot during the Memorial Day weekend at either lake??  I would be coming from Cheyenne on Friday afternoon.  Any other suggestions on places to camp would be appreciated since I am looking for a little help from anybody who is more familar with the lakes.

fishlord

• http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/rbfishlor
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2015, 11:33 AM »
I think you would have less problem finding a spot on Pathfinder than Alcova, Pathfinder water level will probably still be down at that point unless we get a lot more snow pack but unlikely and for most campers they camp on the shore line leaving a lot of the designated areas alone, even though that is the 1st major weekend I think you will be able to camp just about anywhere on the lake,-marina area, wolf point, Bishops,  they all offer good camping spots and great fishing
Randy
Birdman

7lazy77

« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2015, 01:17 PM »
Thanks for the help Randy!

akaakira

« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2015, 02:49 PM »
Designated camp sites at both lakes typically go quickly. In the past, I have had to venture further off the beaten path (still legally and on designated roads) at both Alcova and Pathfinder. Usually these places you can't get a RV or boat trailer though... Pathfinder seems to be less crowded compared to the sardine can called Alcova...Shade /cover are a premium at both places...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.