FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wyoming Off Topic Thread  (Read 61261 times)

walleyepaul

• Today was a good day.
Re: Wyoming Off Topic Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2014, 10:08 AM »
Have you seen your unsuccessful return checks from the fish and game yet anyone?

wyo10

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2014, 08:51 AM »
Usually takes awhile to receive them. Atleast mine and I live in cheyenne.

SkunkedAgain

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2014, 03:34 PM »
I havnt got mine back yet.

walleyepaul

• Today was a good day.
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Thanks, I was thinking someone told me they got theirs back and I worried I threw mine away.

SlickRockHounds

outboard repair
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2014, 02:03 AM »
hello, could I bother you folks for some suggestions for where to take my small outboards for repair?

mercury 4 hp (1980ish) needs a water pump, and a 1982ish Johnson 15hp needs a carb cleaning and tune up, Johnson 3 hp (1991) needs a tune up

Im near Cody, but don't mind driving it to a good shop farther away. thank you for an and all help.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2014, 07:25 AM »
Troy at the marina at boysen does good work, or here in Riverton Specialty marine does a good job as well.

SlickRockHounds

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2014, 09:52 AM »
very good. thank you!

lingrus

« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2014, 11:56 PM »
I have always been happy with Dorm's automotive and marine in Powell.
A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into.

olefish

« Reply #128 on: Jul 29, 2014, 01:19 PM »
I agree Troy is very good at Boysen

lingrus

« Reply #129 on: Aug 10, 2014, 02:08 PM »
I decided I had not been fishing near enough this summer.  I loaded up the boat and planned on a 3 day trip to Buffalo Bill.  The first thing as I left the dock, I noticed that something did not feel right.  I went to full throttle and it jumped out of gear.  I could not even get up on plane.  Stuck close to ramp but fishing was not good.  I got home and started pulling the lower unit apart.  I found the trouble soon enough.  BUT I also noticed that the drive shaft on my 115 HP Merc had a thin crack in it.  This was not something I wanted to be out on the water with when it gave out.  Guess what a new goes for $600.00 give or take.  I was lucky enough to find a used one online for $150.00.  Now all I have to do is wait and see if it is as good as he said it was.  Oh well September fishing is always better on BB anyway.   ???   :'(   >:(
A boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into.

olefish

« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2015, 10:38 AM »

This bull snake came crawling out the back door of the shop this weekend.  It has spent the winters at my house for the last few years and was about 24 inches and now is over 43 in length.  I have found it in the garden, yard, shop, and junk pile at this time of the year but never any other time.     

jopes

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2015, 05:36 PM »
I decided I had not been fishing near enough this summer.  I loaded up the boat and planned on a 3 day trip to Buffalo Bill.  The first thing as I left the dock, I noticed that something did not feel right.  I went to full throttle and it jumped out of gear.  I could not even get up on plane.  Stuck close to ramp but fishing was not good.  I got home and started pulling the lower unit apart.  I found the trouble soon enough.  BUT I also noticed that the drive shaft on my 115 HP Merc had a thin crack in it.  This was not something I wanted to be out on the water with when it gave out.  Guess what a new goes for $600.00 give or take.  I was lucky enough to find a used one online for $150.00.  Now all I have to do is wait and see if it is as good as he said it was.  Oh well September fishing is always better on BB anyway.   ???   :'(   >:(

sterndrive engineering has complete lower units 100% new with warrentees for a good price if they have one for your motor. 

for a complete I/O alpha drive they are like $1500.00 with a 3 year no question warrentee, a outboard would be alot less.

CheyWyo

« Reply #132 on: Feb 17, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Have a larger 5th wheel and looking for more backcountry spots to take it camping. I know cinnabar park area in snowys is pretty popular and accessible with larger rigs. Anywhere else, maybe a little less known. Enjoy scenery and fishing.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #133 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:09 AM »
How far are you willing to travel. I have a 38 foot toy hauler and pull it up above lander on thee loop road and have no problems getting into spots to camp. Or above dubois towards Jackson there are several places to camp. Or over by pinedale almost all the camp grounds have spots for the larger campers.

CheyWyo

« Reply #134 on: Feb 21, 2017, 10:53 AM »
Thanks fish/hunt, I've always enjoyed the Wind River Mountains so good to know I have a chance to get the camper at least close. Used to backpack and fish a bit up there, but never paid attention to the camper spots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.