FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Senko rod  (Read 15406 times)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Re: Senko rod
« Reply #15 on: Jun 20, 2012, 07:12 PM »
I'm sure he was nice, that's why this is so surprising. St. Croix is usually as good as they come in all departments. I just like using email because I have three screaming little kids that never leave me alone.

That's why I'll call from work tomorrow.... ;D

jtk2

« Reply #16 on: Jun 20, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Lol. I was just letting u know because i told you i was getting a rod this week and would report back but its going to be a month. I really hope you can get things worked out!
id rather catch nothing by myself than alot in a crowd.

jibbs

« Reply #17 on: Jun 28, 2012, 03:18 PM »
I use two different types...I use a bait caster with 15 to 17 lb flourocarbon on 7 foot heavy gloomis... I also like to use a 7 foot medium heavy quantum pt edition on spinning gear with. 30 lb braid...try throwing 1/2 ounce swim jig in that junk with a gp chigger craw trailer... It's caught some big fish for me this year
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

perchslayer716

« Reply #18 on: Jun 30, 2012, 05:20 PM »
get a 7 foot medium abu veritas. super light super sensitive. and stick with braid with flouro leader

jtk2

« Reply #19 on: Jul 26, 2012, 06:37 PM »
I got my new rod the other day and fished it with a brush hog and was casting very nicely. I didnt put on a senko because my other rod was set up for that. But i would say the 2 baits are roughly the same weight. It has plenty of power too. Ill test more and get back to you. d**n thunderstorms are keeping me off the water.
id rather catch nothing by myself than alot in a crowd.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #20 on: Jul 30, 2012, 01:41 PM »
I use a one piece, med-heavy, 7' St. Croix Premier casting rod with an Abu Garcia Black Max baitcast reel spooled with 17lb. flouro. Great setup for casting heavy plastics.

88fishing

« Reply #21 on: Jul 31, 2012, 07:31 PM »
im using a 7"med/hev spining rod with 10lb test vanish floro. i love light line  ive caught a 4lb LM on 2lb test what a fight that was. i might be trying 15lb braid soon to have lost a few good ones this year

mr tip up

« Reply #22 on: Mar 20, 2013, 06:25 PM »
I use a med heavy 7 ft bass pro extreme
a bad day of fishing is better then a good day of work

steelyhead17

« Reply #23 on: Jun 25, 2014, 10:11 AM »
7ft medium fast

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com