FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: favorite spring jerkbaits  (Read 11230 times)

bassandbucks2

favorite spring jerkbaits
« on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:05 AM »
Just curious what jerkbaits have been working well for others during March-April? I've had some luck with Smithwick rougues, BPS XPS minnow and Storm thundersticks. The BPS XPS minnow worked well last year but every few cast the front treble will catch the line and it ends up being a wasted cast.

jibbs

Re: favorite spring jerkbaits
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2012, 07:56 AM »
strike king black and gold or rapala perch pattern...however,  i am big fan of yo yo ing lipless cranks in the spring
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

luckyduck22

• Get em
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2012, 06:38 PM »
rapala original floaters in black and gold...x raps are always a good choice but i also get a few here and there on the smithwicks

bassandbucks2

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:29 AM »
Thanks for the info.

SwedishPimple

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Lucky Craft Live pointer.

kingfisher22

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:37 AM »
Lucky Craft Pointer in Ghost Minnow.  The big size (Pointer 100 SP is what it says on the package-just checked).  I have about 20 pointers in different colors, styles and sizes and that one is by far the best.  Most of my friends I think would agree.

wileyc3

• Here fishy fishy fishy...
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2012, 11:24 AM »
Live pointers and X-Raps for Smallies anyways. I never come off the river to play with largemouth that much in those months :laugh: sounds like if kingfisher and I pooled our money together with what we have spent on JB's we could get a small boat, lol.

bassandbucks2

« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2012, 10:18 AM »
I bought a lucky craft pointer and it cast great and looks awesome in the water. Unfortunatly i just can't seem to find any numbers of bass to test it on this year. I've been out three times and have only caught four so far. I guess I do better in March when it's cold and snowy not 80.LOL.

wileyc3

• Here fishy fishy fishy...
« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2012, 02:33 PM »
i usually rotate between the xraps and LP's. some days they want one and not the other.
On the Xraps i use olive, silver/blk, gold/blk, goby, and chartruse mossback (special Cabelas color they dont figgen make anymore, down to my last one).
LP's I use ghost minnow, chartreuse shad, and brownie (also a cabelas color)
I have others colors but those seem to be the most consistant. I have a brown trout colored LP i got off ebay that looks great and should work in the river but never got a look at it like i said above i mostly use these for smallies right now on the river, temps around 55. The only bad thing I have seen with the LP's is that the smallies really like to beat the hell outta them and snap them in half at ;D the wires, and at 20 bucks a pop that really sucks, lol

pipes18079

« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2012, 08:09 AM »
Doing well the last couple of days on a husky jerk in clown color for largemouth and to many pesky pickerel.

volume4130

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2012, 07:51 PM »
Perch flavored X-Raps did me well this past weekend.  It was pretty cold, so I went with the suspending jerkbait.  Otherwise I like to throw lipless crankers - Reddish/brown or sliver or gold with black backs

fontona19

« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2012, 08:35 PM »
I use x-raps alot, but I love a weightless fluke too.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2012, 09:10 PM »
I've been fishing the crap out of husky jerks for years. They are on my top ten list for baits to cover lots of water!

bassandbucks2

« Reply #13 on: Apr 05, 2012, 12:30 PM »
Finally had a good 2012 season jerkbait bite. It was a more "normal" spring day with cold temp. and a strong breeze. I caught 9 on the Lucky Craft pontier. thanks again for the suggestion. Boy that bait cast well, even into the wind with a baitcaster. Husky jerks were one of my favorite jerkbaits because they cast better than some of the others i tried, but I think the pointer cast better. I guess they should for the cost of them.LOL.

BoutTime

« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2012, 09:58 AM »
Ive had good results with a white Husky Jerk in the high, murky spring streams.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.