FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Orman  (Read 31709 times)

Hole Tender

Re: Orman
« Reply #45 on: Mar 30, 2013, 05:14 PM »
Went to Orman this morning. We trolled up and down the channel in my canoe dragging jigs with minnows, worms, and curly tails. No bites. It got really windy and made it quite a hassle to control the canoe so we went to the dam and hiked down to the water and threw jigs and a few different kinds of crank baits until the rain and wind wore us out. No bites. The water temperature at the channel was 46 degrees and the water at the face was 40 degrees. Get out there and POST REPORTS PEOPLE!

tehwarrior50

« Reply #46 on: Apr 07, 2013, 04:35 PM »
Went fishing at orman Saturday from 2pm to 7pm. Went and trolled the dam face with no luck. Heard that the walleyes are hitting well in the channel.

Hole Tender

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2013, 04:21 PM »
Come on. I know you guys are fishing. How about some reports.

jgouldin

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2013, 07:59 PM »
Fished the tourney last weekend.  weighed both overs both days but lots off ppl catching fish most teams were weighing fish from what i seen we didnt stay for the offical placings so cant tell you anything about that.  Sat we fished the dam and the reef infront of the cedars and caught two overs and one slot mostly pulling jigs with grub tails (lots of people were catching fish)  Sun we started at the dam then the cedars and no fish so went off fruitdale point pulling plugs and caught 4 overs and a striped bass(or white bass i think) in about 4 hours.  All fish sat were milking and only one sun was milking.  Water is warming up finally after this horrible april so good luck everyone(go get them holetender!! ;D)

Hole Tender

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 11:02 AM »
Excellent report. Thank you sir.

jgouldin

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2013, 07:43 PM »
Made it to orman again to talked the lovely wife and kids to go out with me (1 and 4 years old).  We pulled plugs from 1pm to 4pm off fruitdale point in 11 to 15 feet of water and caught 3 slots and 9 over the 18in mark with the biggest being around 22in.  Red has been the best color this spring and i only have to so going to go and stock up never had much luck with red before.

Hole Tender

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013, 03:58 PM »
I'm heading that way again this weekend to see some family in Sturgis. I'll probably fish this evening and a couple more times through the long weekend. I'll post reports. If you see us in a tan canoe with a motor come say hi and exchange info on the fishing. Good luck everyone.

Hole Tender

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 04:02 PM »
Last weekend

htc

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2013, 06:21 PM »
went out on saturday morning the 25th bottom bouncer with minnow killed em also a few pulling shad raps all off fruitdale point in 15+ feet. further out than most seemed to be.

-htc

jgouldin

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2013, 05:11 PM »
Killed em at stormin orman this morning.  Me dad and tanner (my 4 yr old who caught most the fish) boated 28 eyes today pulling flicker shad 20 of which were in the fruitdale bay.  Biggest was 21 and we only kept our three over and all the rest where slot or overs besides the one 10iner we caught.  We targeted 11fow but caught fish from 8 to 15. fished from 7 to 12 when we got rained and hailed off the lake.

eve21

« Reply #55 on: Mar 18, 2014, 02:37 PM »
When will it be ready for boats?  With all the warm winds it shouldn't take long.

tehwarrior50

« Reply #56 on: Apr 05, 2014, 02:04 PM »
Anyone have an idea on water temperature. Or an idea if the walleye are close to spawning?

Wy-Joe

« Reply #57 on: Apr 11, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Hit the water yesterday, landed a 17 in eye. Had 2 others that got off before I got to see them. The water temp was 41.5 on the surface.

appleye

« Reply #58 on: Apr 13, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Fished Friday afternoon, first walleye was around 25" and pouring eggs so got her back right away. Landed several males that were milting as well. Water was 41 to 42 degrees. All fish were caught in about 10' of water. Nothing on live bait, plastic and crankbaits.

tehwarrior50

« Reply #59 on: Apr 16, 2014, 01:45 PM »
Fished the dam last night caught one fish but they're are plenty of them on the rocks now. Water was flat but thr cold froze the line to my bail so had to quit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.