FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: chenango river norwich?  (Read 11308 times)

bailey63

chenango river norwich?
« on: Apr 11, 2012, 06:08 PM »
Hey i am headed down turkey hunting for the first weekend of may, i was wondering if the river holds eyes right in town i stay on the hill in polkville at the club so the river would be a quick hit to satisfy an itch. Pm it if you dont wanna post thanks.
Fishing WNY on "facebook"
22' Islander "H"EYE STRUNG
Fishing is more than what I do it's who I am!!

geo315

• My favorite place.
Re: chenango river norwich?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2014, 01:36 PM »
2014 lets get this one going again. G.

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2014, 01:41 PM »
2014 lets get this one going again. G.
I am going to start the quest for a Musky this year.  Any ideas? G.

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Don't know about eyes.  I ck around. G.

9 mile ogar

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Fished Chenango River today caught two nice browns in 30 minutes

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2014, 03:56 PM »
Fished Chenango River today caught two nice browns in 30 minutes

Brown Trout  in the Chenango ?

Big Tupper

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2014, 12:15 PM »
I used to live near the Chenango River but more towards Edmeston area, and there are a lot of walleyes in those stretches from Edmeston to New Berlin for sure, but very concentrated, you may catch 8 to 10 walleyes in one hole but drift another mile before you get into them again. Of course most luck came on lower less dingy water and I only used one lure a brown/black bucktail jig. Hope that helps

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #7 on: Apr 15, 2014, 09:54 AM »
Kayaked the river from Norwich to Greene on 4/13/14. All is clear, no major obstacles. Didn't fish, just traveled.

315stickbow

« Reply #8 on: Apr 15, 2014, 11:11 PM »
There are some AWESOME trout in this river. It's an awesome fishery. It's on my bucketlist to kayak and fish it. Being from morrisville I tend to fish the trout side, but I have caught smallies and wallies and trout around Norwich. There's an outdoors store right there, can't think of the name. They can point you in the right direction.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2014, 09:22 AM »
315stickbow nailed it, one of my favorite fisheries. Years back on a fishing float trip my friend and I caught 5 species of fish out of the same hole. I was shocked to pull out the biggest perch I have ever seen, didn't know they were in there. The other fish were, walleye, white fish, carp, and SMB. For the shore angler there are some new hiking trails on the north side of Norwich, east of Borden Ave, that gain access to some nice waters. In that section Big bend holds some nice pike. For trout, in front of feeders is always a good bet. Best od luck!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Nice job Rugburn on the five species but your white fish was probably a fall fish..     ???
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2014, 05:59 PM »
 You are probably right, my canoe mate called it that. I had never seen one before. I considered it bait.

Mr.Esox

« Reply #12 on: Apr 16, 2014, 06:22 PM »
Yeah bait for those big Tigers

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2014, 05:34 PM »
315stickbow nailed it, one of my favorite fisheries. Years back on a fishing float trip my friend and I caught 5 species of fish out of the same hole. I was shocked to pull out the biggest perch I have ever seen, didn't know they were in there. The other fish were, walleye, white fish, carp, and SMB. For the shore angler there are some new hiking trails on the north side of Norwich, east of Borden Ave, that gain access to some nice waters. In that section Big bend holds some nice pike. For trout, in front of feeders is always a good bet. Best od luck!
I was thinking of putting in off 320 behind  the plaza.  Can I float down to ramp on Hale St.   Early in the season before it gets to low.  Or, are there sandbars and stuff? Geo.

FishinNY

« Reply #14 on: Apr 23, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Yeah bait for those big Tigers
I iced two tigers at the end of the season and did well with pike all winter. I'm hooked on both, but, mostly the tigers.
I am Muskies Inc.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.