FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: chenango river norwich?  (Read 11310 times)

FishinNY

Re: chenango river norwich?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 23, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Kayaked the river from Norwich to Greene on 4/13/14. All is clear, no major obstacles. Didn't fish, just traveled.
How long of a trip was that. Obviously time would change with the change in water level.
I am Muskies Inc.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2014, 09:51 AM »
  It took us somewhere between 6 to 7 hours, didn't really watch the clock. We wore wetsuit tops, water temp was still in the high 30's. Although we did get 70+ deg air temps that Sunday.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2014, 10:08 AM »
I was thinking of putting in off 320 behind  the plaza.  Can I float down to ramp on Hale St.   Early in the season before it gets to low.  Or, are there sandbars and stuff? Geo.

That section should be fine. Real nice fishing.

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #18 on: Apr 29, 2014, 08:35 AM »
That section should be fine. Real nice fishing.
Thanx for the info. G.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #19 on: Apr 29, 2014, 08:53 AM »
  The spot we call Big Bend is in that section, before the riffles leading to Rexford St. Time will be well spent working that hole. A small anchor is a good tool to have along.

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2014, 07:07 PM »
  The spot we call Big Bend is in that section, before the riffles leading to Rexford St. Time will be well spent working that hole. A small anchor is a good tool to have along.
I'll be checking it out sat. I heard that there is a walking path somewhere up there.  Now all I have to find is a place to put the boat in. G.

Fullboatq

« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 2014, 08:53 PM »
  It took us somewhere between 6 to 7 hours, didn't really watch the clock. We wore wetsuit tops, water temp was still in the high 30's. Although we did get 70+ deg air temps that Sunday.
You guys must have some huge arms since a canoe trip from Oxford to Greene in 2010 (a bit of fishing but mostly paddling) took us between 10 and 11 hours.

Fullboatq

« Reply #22 on: Apr 29, 2014, 08:57 PM »
I used to live near the Chenango River but more towards Edmeston area, and there are a lot of walleyes in those stretches from Edmeston to New Berlin for sure, but very concentrated, you may catch 8 to 10 walleyes in one hole but drift another mile before you get into them again. Of course most luck came on lower less dingy water and I only used one lure a brown/black bucktail jig. Hope that helps
I think you are talking about the Unadilla River, not the Chenango. The Chenango runs parallel to Route 12 and flows through Norwich, Oxford, Greene etc. and empties into the Susquehanna in Binghamton. The Unadilla parallels Route 8 and empties into the Susquehanna in Sidney.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #23 on: Apr 30, 2014, 08:08 AM »
You guys must have some huge arms since a canoe trip from Oxford to Greene in 2010 (a bit of fishing but mostly paddling) took us between 10 and 11 hours.

We paddled KAYAKS in high water, with one ten minute break to stretch our legs, no fishing. The kayaks generally move faster than canoes. My post was intended to inform other paddlers of conditions. And yes the other guy was confused about the Chenango vs. the Unadilla river. Wow Fullboatq your up to 3 posts in 3 years!

FishinNY

« Reply #24 on: Apr 30, 2014, 02:43 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
We paddled KAYAKS in high water, with one ten minute break to stretch our legs, no fishing. The kayaks generally move faster than canoes. My post was intended to inform other paddlers of conditions. And yes the other guy was confused about the Chenango vs. the Unadilla river. Wow Fullboatq your up to 3 posts in 3 years!
:thumbup_smilie:
I am Muskies Inc.

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 07:40 PM »

walked the bank up river from Hale street.  Nada. G.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 06:47 AM »
Did you find the Greenway trail Geo? You can access the trail of off Rt. 12 by Piers flower shop. Go past Borden Town Circle (apartment complex), follow the road over the railroad tracks, go straight back to the City of Norwich water dept. white block building. You can park there or turn left (north) and park down that way. The trail leads both North and South from this area. It's very isolated nice walking along the river. Hope this helps, enjoy!

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 03:13 PM »
Did you find the Greenway trail Geo? You can access the trail of off Rt. 12 by Piers flower shop. Go past Borden Town Circle (apartment complex), follow the road over the railroad tracks, go straight back to the City of Norwich water dept. white block building. You can park there or turn left (north) and park down that way. The trail leads both North and South from this area. It's very isolated nice walking along the river. Hope this helps, enjoy!
We were on part of the trail by the launch.  I want to go up river more near that big hairpin bent and try it out there.  Have you been fishing the river yet? I want to try for Walleye.  I never fished for them . Geo.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 02:50 PM »
 I've been fishing bullheads at Chenango lake. Bought a new kayak so I will be getting to the river soon.

Mr.Esox

« Reply #29 on: Jun 08, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Huge Tiger MUskies go for it !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.