Fishing
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Miss activation email? | Forgot password?
Home | Forum | Help | Chat | Search | Membermap | ProShop | CharterMember | Login | Register
Myfishfinder.com forum sponsored in part by:
FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle MarCum Technologies The Fishing Tackle Superstore
+  MyFishFinder Forum
|-+  MFF US Northwest
| |-+  Washington
| | |-+  OT- Thinking of moving NW
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OT- Thinking of moving NW  (Read 72348 times)
sunkhaze1

« on: Oct 03, 2012, 11:42 PM »

Just wanted to tap all the sources I can, I am thinking of moving to the great state of WA but since never having spent any time there I was wondering what areas I should be looking in that have local opportunities for fishing. I mostly like to fly fish for trout and salmon in rivers and streams as well as some trolling in the lakes for the same. I am not worried about work but being close to an airport is important as I work out of the country. I know this is a little off topic but figured you guys would know as well as anyone some of the nicer places to live for an avid fishermen. I am not interested in the metro areas but would like to be within a 1/2 hour of a decent sized city 30 -50 thousand people.

Born to fish, Forced to work. Someday that will change.
Mainelygone

« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2012, 11:57 AM »

Just browsing this site and read your post. I would suggest Pierce County area. Good area to live close to both fresh and salt water and SEATAC airport  Moved out here over 5 years ago from Me. Fishing is awesome with a wide variety of possibilities from salmon to smallmouth. Throw in a trip over the mountains it doesn't get any better
burck17

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2016, 05:05 AM »

I would reccomend maybe Spokane if you want to fly fish or SW Washington maybe Vancouver... I know the kalama and lewis river plenty of salmon or steelhead can be had fly fishing, also Mayfield lake up by Yale past woodland Washington has a killer hatch around September
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: