FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER 2013 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD  (Read 747990 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: SALMON RIVER 2013 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #735 on: Apr 11, 2013, 02:32 PM »

Sorry this threads been a little light on my end this spring, been going to doctors about my eyes, got some tests done today and no damage to my eyes from diabetes, it was hard to concentrate on anything the last 2 months waiting for these tests too be done, now that I can put that behind me and I can concentrate on fishing again.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #736 on: Apr 11, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Glad your ok brother!  Hope to be up as soon as the flow drops a bit
Nice job findin em

KingPerch

« Reply #737 on: Apr 11, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Bobby is going to have to get Shane and I wheelchairs here soon...just to keep up with Freddie!! 8)

Homey, didn't get to finish that valley today...friggin rain!!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #738 on: Apr 11, 2013, 04:21 PM »

Gates are flying.....

365123 THE SALMON RIVER AT LIGHTHOUSE HILL
 PUBLISHED ON APR 11, 2013 AT 17:13:46 - EXPIRES APR 12 11:59 PM

For the Salmon River at Brookfield Renewable Power's Lighthouse Hill Dam, Altmar, NY. The following predictions are for flows in the river just below the powerhouse unless otherwise noted.

Information about the timing of water level changes downstream of the powerhouse is included after the forecast.

Until 9:00 PM today, 1,650 CFS
From 9:00 PM today until 11:59 PM tomorrow, Fri, 2,100 CFS

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #739 on: Apr 11, 2013, 04:42 PM »

Drove up too do a visual on the Redfield Reservoir, its in reletively good shape, it can handle all the cool weather and light rains we been gettting, but we'll see what happens with tonight and tomorrows rains... Got a good snowpack trying to absorb the rain, but shes pretty saturated, measured 15 inches on the ground. The res. measured out at 6.5 feet down from absolute high water mark, or 5 feet from the top of the dam, if we get less than 3/4's of an inch of rain, were good, if we get more than that, she'll be full and they'll have to start dumping accordingly.. we'll see what happens. Theres water everywhere there aint snow up there, bet we don't see 285 til first week of May.Last weekend around here with the guys I made a prediction of 5000cfs for this weekend, lets see how off I was.....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #740 on: Apr 11, 2013, 05:23 PM »
Bobby is going to have to get Shane and I wheelchairs here soon...just to keep up with Freddie!! 8)

Homey, didn't get to finish that valley today...friggin rain!!
That sucks man!  I was on a roof on the south shore today getting pelted with sleet, hail, and rain....fun stuff.  Talk to you soon bud
Nice job findin em

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #741 on: Apr 11, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Nice post Shane.  Looks like you guys got some snow today.  Only sleet and a little hail at my crib
Nice job findin em

choo choo

« Reply #742 on: Apr 11, 2013, 07:35 PM »

Sorry this threads been a little light on my end this spring, been going to doctors about my eyes, got some tests done today and no damage to my eyes from diabetes, it was hard to concentrate on anything the last 2 months waiting for these tests too be done, now that I can put that behind me and I can concentrate on fishing again.
awesome news SNAG...no need to apologize ...waiting for test results can eat you up mentally,... glad the tests came back good. You did seem to be a little pre-occupied and a bit out of sorts the other evening when i stopped by,... figured it might be best to not stick around to long, so you could enjoy the peace and quiet and a little privacy after the week end. Thanks for taking the time to show me a few things even with all that medical stuff on your mind. Good luck fishin'...hope you can find those "raccoon perch" on oneida, in big ,happy numbers !
I'm fishing my way through life .

kowboy

« Reply #743 on: Apr 11, 2013, 08:08 PM »
glad your better shane, will c u soon

bass on

« Reply #744 on: Apr 13, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Glad everything checked out ok shane...looks like ure prediction of tge river was right on the money

SNAGGER

« Reply #745 on: Apr 13, 2013, 10:26 AM »
Glad everything checked out ok shane...looks like ure prediction of tge river was right on the money

I was hoping it would be warmer and be done with this snowmelt period this weekend, but cold weather now is gonna drag this out a little while longer. I was hoping for 2 days of 5000, now it looks like 5 days of of 2000 instead.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #746 on: Apr 13, 2013, 12:30 PM »

Drove up to the Tug hill yesterday, still a descent snowpack.

water running off the fields at the base of Tug hill in Redfield.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #747 on: Apr 13, 2013, 12:33 PM »

Ton of guys up here, most look lost...  :D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #748 on: Apr 13, 2013, 01:50 PM »

Thought it looked like the River dropped a touch, looks like its about at that 1650cfs level again, this opens up a few more places for the bank anglers, not a lot, but some.... should make the driftboaters very happy........ still over 2000cfs  with runoff...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

kowboy

« Reply #749 on: Apr 13, 2013, 03:49 PM »
thanks for the updates shane, im getting sick of painting in the house and doing yard work want to head to the river and might in afew days

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.