FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: President or  (Read 3661 times)

kc

President or
« on: Mar 31, 2013, 10:13 AM »
Looking at the Pflueger President or Trion. Same price, trion has a spare spool and 2 less bearings.
Pros and cons needed.
Thanks,
kc

RockDoc

• Hardwater61 on I.S.
Re: President or
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2013, 10:18 AM »
Looking at the Pflueger President or Trion. Same price, trion has a spare spool and 2 less bearings.
Pros and cons needed.
Thanks,
kc
Snag sold me on a Trion a few years ago...I like it...little extra versatility with the extra spool but can buy one for the president.  Can't go wrong with either one imo.

riot609

• best time to fish when its rainin & when it aint!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2013, 10:28 AM »
i have 3 rods with president's on them been using them for three years now, two with 6935's and one 6930 never had any issues there nice and smooth.  
ive been so happy with the Pflueger's  i bought a 6935  supreme xt and a 6'6 st croix eyecon for for my main jigging rod  cant wait to hook into some eyes

also my 6030 came with extra spool and i picked up one for the 6935 on ebay for less then 5 bucks:)

eyedoktr

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2013, 10:51 AM »
I prefer the President over the Trion. I have thrown away every extra spool I ever got. I see no use for them. If I want to change line, I grab another rod with the line one it I want.
Pete Lewis

filetandrelease

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2013, 11:01 AM »

i have several different ones i like the Trion gx7 for jigging no trouble and i beat the tar out of it , drag is smooth

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2013, 11:19 AM »
Pros and cons needed.
Thanks,
kc
Kc, I have both reels. I like the President better then the Trion. Better drag on the President and faster retreve. I use mine for Walleyes and Crappies. No issues with the Pres.. For a few bucks more its worth it.

SCG
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

kc

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2013, 11:53 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. I can get the 6730 Pres. or the 4730 Trion for the same money. Just wondering if it will have enough line capacity for steelhead. I want to lighten the load a little. I can still run them down if needed. 115yd capcity for 6# test. that's all I use for them anyhow.  Or should I step up to the 6735 or 4735? Little extra weight.
kc

riot609

• best time to fish when its rainin & when it aint!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2014, 09:02 AM »
I have one of each only used them on Oneida getting spooled not really an issue.  But wight wise just under 1lb difference in the two, def noticeable but you will get 230/6 with mono on the 35 compared to 145/6 on the 30.  Can always go braid basically double those numbers ;D

eyedoktr

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2014, 01:49 PM »
Both are excellent reels but for the same price, the President line gets the nod from me. I have never used a second spool and wish they didn't come with any reels. If I want different line for another presentation, I grab another rod.
Pete Lewis

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2014, 02:24 PM »
I have 4 maybe 5 presidents. The only other reel I would buy is Penn.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2014, 03:01 PM »
I have 4 maybe 5 presidents. The only other reel I would buy is Penn.

Rg
i think you are right on.100%
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

FishinNY

« Reply #11 on: Sep 15, 2014, 06:52 PM »
Love my president. I run 30lb braid on it for pike with zero issues. I can set the drag exactly where I want it and it's smooth.
I am Muskies Inc.

fishhead

« Reply #12 on: Sep 16, 2014, 08:04 PM »
Ditto on pres penns are my go to

kc

« Reply #13 on: Sep 16, 2014, 08:28 PM »
I see you guys brought up an old post I had. I did go with a president. It has done the job on many steelhead for me. But I added another reel last winter. I bought a carbon lite reel from Bass Pro. I paired it with my 8'6" microlite Bass Pro rod. It became my go to rod for steelhead. My buddy Chris told me it didn't have enough backbone but it worked for me.
 Thanks for the imput guys.
 kc

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Sep 17, 2014, 01:12 AM »
KC,
I have one of the bass pro micro lite rods in 8'6" as well. Love that rod. It's one of 2 production rods in my collection. It will be on the boat today. My favorite perch rod.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.