FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: any one know where to get a jigging machine?  (Read 8341 times)

kgupats

any one know where to get a jigging machine?
« on: May 11, 2013, 01:41 PM »
Ive seen them on boats but never can find them any where any info would be great thank you

Dispy

Re: any one know where to get a jigging machine?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 03:06 PM »
Ive seen them on boats but never can find them any where any info would be great thank you
There's a local Guide that makes them, I just forget who. When it comes to me, I let you know.

http://www.thefinandfeathershop.com/content/jiggingbox.htm
http://www.ezjigger.com/

Paugus Bay Sports at 603-524-4319. All aluminum, with a release that attaches the line, moves three feet. If you are crafty, a pair of windshield wiper motor can be used to make the jigging box ;)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

fisherjeep

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 06:57 PM »
I built two of these over the winter. They use marine wiper motors mounted in a cast aluminum box with variable speed. The bases slide directly into my cannon downrigger mounts.

kgupats

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 07:28 PM »
thank you looking into building a couple this year unless i find a couple to buy

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 10:00 PM »
There's a local Guide that makes them, I just forget who. When it comes to me, I let you know.

http://www.thefinandfeathershop.com/content/jiggingbox.htm
http://www.ezjigger.com/

Paugus Bay Sports at 603-524-4319. All aluminum, with a release that attaches the line, moves three feet. If you are crafty, a pair of windshield wiper motor can be used to make the jigging box ;)
Jason closed Paugus Bay a while back. Maybe two years? Sorry I am chronologically challenged.  :-[
He still runs a guide service though.
The Fin & feather boxes look good.

wentworth6

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2017, 09:01 PM »
I built two of these over the winter. They use marine wiper motors mounted in a cast aluminum box with variable speed. The bases slide directly into my cannon downrigger mounts.

anyone know what windshield wiper motor to use, or if there any completed ones for sale, thank you in advance

Mac Attack

DT5150

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2017, 08:03 AM »
i have a pair of jim's jigomatic jig boxes i may consider selling. i've rewired them, painted them flat black, upgraded the rod holders, and added machined aluminum bases to the bottoms so they fit in cannon tab lock downrigger bases. they work very well. i'm testing out another kind of box right now. if i like those, i might sell the jigomatics.

fishlessman

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2017, 08:21 AM »
i run two jigomatics and two cut2spec skijiggers in the summer and fall, dont run either in spring. we do better with the skijiggers as they produce even more action on s turns. might be worth looking into, they run off a short rope tied to a cleat.  we run wire line off the skijiggers though if running deep. the jiigomatic will pull heavier setups with daisy chains etc. the skijigger seems to be better with wire line and simple streamers. just another option.  if youre going to build your own you want to get a pic of the inside linkage and cam, its not just a wiper motor

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.