FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cabelas coming to Cheektowaga  (Read 15486 times)

old wise one

Cabelas coming to Cheektowaga
« on: May 31, 2013, 06:31 PM »
Just heard Cabelas coming to Cheektowaga across from the Gallarea Mall.

Man am I going to save on shipping.

Eat your heart out Buffalo.

o.w.o.

bauls25

• AKA paul23
Re: Cabelas coming to Cheektowaga
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:35 PM »
But now we gotta pay tax right?

Pequod1

« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2013, 05:15 AM »
Couldn't believe the news but here is a link I found. All I can say is it is about time.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2013/05/31/cabelas-to-open-cheektowaga-store.html 

billybob851

« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2013, 07:44 AM »
yes now you will pay tax for online orders.  you think they would have found an area around albany so it was in the middle of the state, easier for everyone to get to

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2013, 12:28 PM »

Syracuse would of been a logical location, more fishin goes on in a 100 mile radius here then anywhere on the planet... but that 8% tax on orders will help the little guy locally now, I aint driving 3 hours to Buffalo. and ordering from them will drop now for me....  They had a poll on facebook, didn't know buffalo was even on the list.  I got 230 bucks worth of points I better use up soon.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2013, 12:57 PM »
Works for me! I'm in Buffalo all the time. Good for the economy too!

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

buffaloice

« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2013, 02:32 PM »
this is awesome news for the Buffalo area! After years of trying to get Bass Pro to the Buffalo waterfront, we get a better store, and keep the space on the waterfront.Yeah, we will have to pay tax now, but we can use the ship to store option, and having been to the Cabelas near Austin,TX, it truly is a destination store.Great,knowledgeable staff, usually have everything in stock, and knocks Gander and Dicks off the map as far as selection. The most important thing is, it gives me somewhere to go while the wife is shopping for 16 hours at the Galleria for a single shirt.Great score,Buffalo!!

Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2013, 03:53 PM »
kinda explains bps relocating to utica also. very interesting move but logical as well. snagger is right though syracuse is the crossroads. kinda speaks to the political climate here in the cuse.

Pequod1

« Reply #8 on: Jun 02, 2013, 05:22 AM »
Sorry guys, Oneida is not the epicenter of fishing ;D  Rochester is just about exactly in between Bass Pro and the new Cabelas. I will be heading west from now on. Unfortunately, my bass and perch trips to Buffalo will become a lot more expensive ;)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #9 on: Jun 02, 2013, 12:12 PM »

eastern lake Ontario, thousand islands to the north, all of the finger lakes to the southwest, salmon river/Oneida lake, I would say Syracuse is the epicenter of new York state, I 90 I 81 meet in the center of the state.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

arcadeangler

« Reply #10 on: Jun 02, 2013, 04:14 PM »
I'm from the west but snag right Syracuse is epicenter. But I'll for sure take advantage.......if any

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jun 02, 2013, 04:27 PM »
Syracuse may be closer to the center of NYS, but the city obviously didn't meet Cabela's demographics or criteria. They were probably scared off by the white elephant at the south end of Onondaga Lake. You know the one....Congel's castle.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bailey63

« Reply #12 on: Jun 02, 2013, 04:41 PM »
Maybe you all are just a little nys centered on location, my guess is the canadian draw is in the mix of picking the location. I am sure you'll see as many ontario plates as ny plates in parking lot just go to walden galleria mall to see proof. . Makes perfect sense syracuse population 145,000. Rochester pop 1.1 million buffalo pop 261,000 toronto 1.24 million now demographically where is bst place to open store within 100 miles of most people and all in between for top sales.
Fishing WNY on "facebook"
22' Islander "H"EYE STRUNG
Fishing is more than what I do it's who I am!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: Jun 02, 2013, 04:57 PM »

they would like about a million people with in an hour drive , I'm sure the Can. was factored in , If i go to one it will be in PA.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Jun 02, 2013, 05:22 PM »
Well.......Rochester population as of 2011 was 210,000, Buffalo was 261,000 Syracuse 145,000. But your theory makes perfect sense.

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.